Getting script error when attempting to sync with Dropbox, on Windows 7 + 1Password6

I have a Mac Vault on my laptop and I sync this successfully with my Android phone. I use Dropbox for syncing. I am trying to also sync with my Windows PC which is where I encountered this problem.

When I attempt to sync my Windows 7 Computer using 1password6 through Dropbox I get a popup that says:

Script Error, An Error has occurred on this page.
Line 37
Char 17
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
URL: https://www.dropbox.com/1/oauth2/authorize?response_type=token&client_id=f57038vilnwbm00&redirect_uri=https://localhost

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? (Yes) (No)

If I keep clicking No (the popup comes up several times) the in app browser eventually loads the page, but all the assets are missing so you can't do anything. If I click yes every time the page loads and there is a Dropbox login screen, but I am unable to submit information when I fill this page out.

1Password Version: 6.0.269
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:windows dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kevindishman: That's correct. The Dropbox website (which you're seeing there in a browser viewport) uses scripts to function. Just allow them to run and you should be all set. But if you're still having trouble, there are two options:

1. Install the Dropbox software and you can open your vault using Folder Sync instead (just point to the file in your Dropbox folder)
    2. Fix your Internet Explorer settings. If you changed them manually, you'll need to enable scripting again to be able to load this (and other pages) properly. Otherwise if it's simply damaged, you'll need to reset IE (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset).

I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• kevindishman
    kevindishman
    Community Member

I upgraded my IE (via the roundabout way of upgrading to Windows 10) and the JS errors stopped, then I was able to login via Dropbox (through the viewport). Thanks for the advice.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kevindishman: Ahh, that's great! Thanks for letting me know. While that's certainly a lot more involved than what I suggested, I'm glad that helped...and I think Windows 10 is a pretty nice upgrade anyway. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.