6.1.272 (build #272) installation error [Fixed, download a new copy of the installer file]

dlorde
dlorde
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I just downloaded 1Password for Windows (6.1.272 build #272) from the app updates page and tried to install it, but the installation fails with an error window:

Any ideas?

Also, how do I access or sync my DropBox vault from the online 1Password account I created (viewed in the Chrome browser) ? All I see is a Personal and a Shared vault. It would be nice to have my DropBox vault as my Personal vault.

1Password Version: 6.1.272
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10 (1067)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member

Exact same situation.

• Hi guys,

Can you download a new copy of the installer from here: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/0cb99692bcdb47abb89fad56dfd56d0c/app_versions/190

See if it works better now.

• We've gotten confirmations that the newer installer file is working better. Please let us know if that's the case for you guys as well.

• dlorde
    dlorde
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Thanks Mike, that was quick!

The new build installed OK.

A couple of issues I noticed immediately:

When I signed into my DropBox vault it took several minutes showing 0 entries before it displayed the DropBox entries, without any indication that it was processing or downloading or whatever it needed to do. Some kind of indication ("Please Wait" ?) would save some confusion.

When I try to select 'Vault for Saving', the dropdown box is empty - surely it should at least have the DropBox vault as an entry.

In the 'Accounts & Vaults' menu, there are two '1Password' vault entries under the 'DropBox' entry. As far as I can see, they're identical. I removed one with no apparent ill-effects.

In the items listings (even the 'Trash'), every item is duplicated, the first having no details and the second containing the details. A bit disconcerting...

• Hi @dlorde,

Thanks for writing in and I'm glad it works.

When I signed into my DropBox vault it took several minutes showing 0 entries before it displayed the DropBox entries, without any indication that it was processing or downloading or whatever it needed to do. Some kind of indication ("Please Wait" ?) would save some confusion.

Great suggestion! We will add a progress indicator here.

When I try to select 'Vault for Saving', the dropdown box is empty - surely it should at least have the DropBox vault as an entry.

Local vaults are read-only, so that's why it won't show up there as you cannot save to a local vault. Only 1Password Teams accounts can be modified at the moment and we will add write support to local vaults in the future.

In the 'Accounts & Vaults' menu, there are two '1Password' vault entries under the 'DropBox' entry. As far as I can see, they're identical. I removed one with no apparent ill-effects.

If you've added the same vault twice, that can happen. We will make sure we record the vault ID, so that you can't re-add the same vault.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.