TOTP passwords in v6.1

Hello guys!

How I add TOTP passwords in version 6.1 of 1Password for Windows?

Tks.

1Password Version: 6.1.272d
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Acc

Comments

• DouweAG
    DouweAG
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

Hey there!

It's one of those features that is burning a hole into our priority list that we have yet to implement. Unfortunately we have no ETA to share at this time.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions :)

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Oh really? I hope this come ASAP. I am user of Android version and Windows version (I migrated my vault for Teams version) and now I find myself unable to add TOTP in 1Password.

Sorry for the rant, but I see that the version for Apple products seem to have priority for the company.

• Hi @qzmarco,

Thanks for writing in.

For now, you can create a custom TOTP field to your item using the 1Password.com web app in your browser, it does support adding it there. As soon as you save it, 1Password 6 for Windows will show it to you right away.

In order for us to support adding TOTP, we need to be able to create custom fields/sections and right now, 1Password 6 does not support this.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

How I do this in web app? Can you help me with this?

• Hi @qzmarco,

Sure.

1. Edit your Login item on the web app, scroll down to your section, you'll see this:
    2. Enter TOTP in the label field and then type a in the New Field then tab, you'll see the field type selector shows up now like this:
    3. Click on the selector to change it to One-Time Password:
    4. Now, enter your TOTP secret in that TOTP field. It'll be in this format: otpauth://totp/(accountname)?secret=(secret-id).

You'll get your secret from the site's security page, they usually would tell you the secret if you tell it not to show the barcode. So, I'm using Dropbox and it gave me 123456 as the secret, it'd be _otpauth://totp/mike@agilebits.com?secret=123456 like so:

Once saved, you'll see this:

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member

Tks @MikeT !

• You're welcome, I know it is a bit frustrating to set it up. Once we get that custom field support in 1Password 6, we'll add a dialog to make it easier to add the TOTP code.

This discussion has been closed.