3 bugs with 6.1.272d

Smudge
Smudge
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

REGRESSION: I was using the 6.0.252 beta when I saw the notice that 6.0.269 was available, where one of the fixes in that version was "1Password will start itself after updating is done, it'll be minimized to the notification area." When I updated to 6.0.269, it did relaunch properly. Unfortunately, it appears that fix did not make it into the 6.1.272 release today. When I updated to 6.1, it did not relaunch as expected.

BUG: The autosave feature does not trigger when I submit using the Enter key. i.e. type in username, tab, type in password, enter. If I click on the Submit button instead, 1P springs to life and asks if I want to save that login.

BUG: In the General Options screen, the Vault For Saving option remains unset. If I select the vault, it remains set until I quit/restart 1P, then it is back to being unset. This is also shown in the autosave dialog as being unset.

In my situation, the 1P account I'm logging into is only a guest account and thus only a single vault (named 2-Work). Perhaps that menu/feature doesn't work properly without the normal Personal vault?

1Password Version: 6.1.272d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.1
OS Version: Windows 7 x64 Pro
Sync Type: Team.1Password.com

Comments

• AlexHoffmann
    edited February 2019

Thanks for reporting these issues, @Smudge,

I've reproduced the update issue and filed bug for our developers to take a look at.

I can't reproduce the auto-save issue, though. I checked a couple of sites but auto-save was triggered no matter whether I used the Enter key or the submit button.
    Can you please tell us which site this is happening on?

The default vault issue I also wasn't able to reproduce. Is there any chance that you might've chosen a local vault instead of an 1Password Teams vault?

Cheers,

Alex

ref: OPW-652

• Hi @Smudge,.

We had to remove the auto-start feature, it was causing install issues for some folks. We'll restore it in a future update.

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member

@AlexHoffmann
    The site is a work internal server, but it is running a standard instance of Atlassian's Confluence wiki software. I've seen the problem in other sites and when I find another one, I'll report back.

As mentioned in my post below the image, this 1P instance is logging into a guest account into my 1P Team account. It only has 1 vault listed. I've never used local vaults in this instance.

• Hi @smudge,

Please do let us know what sites you see it on, it'd help a lot.

As for your guest account, does it have full permission to read/write to the vault? I'm testing with only the guest account right now and I'm not able to reproduce it yet. If I have no write permission, it doesn't show any vaults to select. If I have both permissions, it set the vault and restarting the app retains the vault.

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member

Yes, full read and write. Export is disabled.

• That's rather odd, @Smudge.

Can you please send us the logs from 1Password 6?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

We'll take a close look at it when we get the logs.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.