1Password for Windows version 4

Hi I am a long time owner of 1Password for Mac and IOS, and also have a families subscription. I have just started a new job with a Windows computer, which cannot access cloud based services, therefore I believe I need to use the standalone copy (1Password for Windows version 4).
Do I need to purchase a license for this, or how can I get a license?

Thanks Ian

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 4
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Standalone
Referrer: forum-search:windows license

Comments

• @wilso1

First of all: Congrats on the new job!

Secondly: Can you access websites? Meaning: can you access your 1Password Families account site?
    If so, 1Password 6 might be able to access the account. 1Password Families is not a traditional cloud-based service.

1Password 4 is not really for you because it doesn't sync with your account.

Cheers,

Alex

• wilso1
    wilso1
    Community Member

Hi Alex,
    The main problem with work is I am only allowed to store password locally, and not in the cloud. From what I can see, 1Password 4 for Windows allows this, but 1Password 6 for Windows does not. Can you please clarify this point for me? As a result I am currently running a trial version of 1Password 4 for Windows.

Thanks

Ian

• That is correct, @wilso1.

1Password 4 for Windows supports local vaults only. You can sync them using WLAN or Dropbox if you choose to.
    If you only need a local, isolated 1Password vault on your work machine, 1Password 4 is a good choice for you.

At a later point, 1Password 6 for Windows will have full read/write support for local vaults, too.

Cheers,

Alex

• wilso1
    wilso1
    Community Member

Hi Alex, so back to my original question, how do I license it ? do I need to purchase a license for it? I already have a family subscription which includes version 6, and also own Mac and IOS versions. Currently paying for the family subscription monthly, I don't really want to have to pay more to get an old version, please advise thanks Ian

• MikeT
    edited October 2016

Hi @wilso1,

Please email us at support+windows@agilebits.com from your email address that you used to register for 1Password Families and if you can, include the link to this thread as well, so we can connect the dots.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.