Update of 1Password browser extension fails

Comments

• sukrivan
    sukrivan
    Community Member

Hi,
    1PASSWORD extension for firefox is not working is not working after updating 1PASSWORD for windows. error message appears when updating extension.

• Hi @sukrivan,

Can you please tell us which anti-malware software you're using? We've been receiving a few reports of this from other customers.
    It's not uncommon for anti-malware software to silently block the installation of Firefox extensions but updates are a different matter.

We'd like to understand what is happening here.

Cheers,

Alex

• sukrivan
    sukrivan
    Community Member

Hi Alex,
    I am using ESET SMART SECURITY. It was working alright before until the extension needed assign update.
    Cheers

• Ah, the plot thickens!

I tested ESET Smart Security yesterday and found that it indeed can block the installation of the extension. We haven't heard about it blocking updates, though.
    I'm going to test this again, over the next few days to find the root of the issue and discuss it with ESET's support engineers.
    We don't want to keep you waiting, so please go ahead and follow the instructions in this guide to manually install the latest version of the extension: If you can't install the 1Password extension on your Windows PC

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.