Accessing Files in 1Password 6 on Win 10

I just read your blog article that 1Password 6 for Teams is now available for Windows. I assume "for Teams" and "for Families" is the same system just a different licensing model? Maybe separate servers but 1Password for Teams also works with my Families account, correct?

I used the Win 10 1Password version from the store but I've been missing management of my file attachment, which doesn't seem to work at all in the Store version of 1Password. I also have a file attachment in the Trash of my Families account and cannot get it out. I cannot restore it or drag and drop it somewhere else.

That's why I installed the latest 1Password 6 for Teams on Windows. And there I have another problem. When I want to download an attachment, it saves the file, but it is corrupt. I have a PDF, download it and Acrobat doesn't want to open it. When I download the same file with the Store version of 1Password, it works fine.

What's my way forward? I'd like the same abilities and power I have and I'm used to on my Mac. I'd like to access my 1Password for Families account, attach files to items, download the files and have them work. Look into the trash, restore files from there. But on Windows, there doesn't seem to be a client that does it all right now. 1P for Teams on Windows 10 seems to get the closest but I get corrupt files.

Am I doing something wrong or shouldn't I have installed the "Teams" version?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:windows files

Comments

• Hi @flint_6,

We apologise for any confusion that we might've caused in the blog post. Let me answer your questions and clear up a few things:

Maybe separate servers but 1Password for Teams also works with my Families account, correct?

Same servers, different licensing model, correct. With 1Password Teams a company would pay for access per user per month, whereas with 1Password Families, you get access for five members of a family for one low price.

I also have a file attachment in the Trash of my Families account and cannot get it out. I cannot restore it or drag and drop it somewhere else.

That is not yet supported in 1Password 6 for Windows but we're hoping to have the feature ready very soon.
    For now you can empty the trash or restore said item on your 1Password.com account website.

That's why I installed the latest 1Password 6 for Teams on Windows. And there I have another problem. When I want to download an attachment, it saves the file, but it is corrupt. I have a PDF, download it and Acrobat doesn't want to open it. When I download the same file with the Store version of 1Password, it works fine.

We apologise for the inconvenience. Handling of documents is coming to the Windows version soon. You can download it via your account website.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Alex

• flint_6
    flint_6
    Community Member

This clarifies it, thanks Alex!

• You're welcome, @flint_6,

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.