I have a trial subscription, entered passwords, but can't tell what it does.

Options

I have saved passwords for various secure web accounts to my desktop vault. I go to those websites and sign in with the same password I had previously used. Whether my desktop vault is locked or unlocked nothing has changed and I can't tell what, if anything, is different. Is it not engaged for some reason? How do I see the value of this service?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How does it work?

Comments

• Hi @jolt1450,

Thank you for contacting AgileBits support.

Can you please tell us which version of 1Password you have installed? One used with a 1Password.com account?
    If so, you might want to start with installing the 1Password browser extension in Chrome, Firefox, or Opera and start using the extension to save and later fill login credentials on websites.
    Here's a guide about it: Save and fill passwords in your browser on your Mac or Windows PC

Please let us know if you have further questions. We're determined to help you use 1Password to the fullest.

Cheers,

Alex

• jolt1450
    jolt1450
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. It's working now. Although I had downloaded the browser supports (Firefox and Chrome), they never initiated until about a half hour ago. Once they kicked in it all came together. Maybe my subscription hadn't started? Anyway, all is working and self explanatory at this point.

• The subscription started once you signed up for the 1Password.com account.
    I think the 1Password browser extensions might not have been properly initiated before.

Anyway: I'm glad to hear that my reply was helpful and you're enjoying 1Password now.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have more questions or comments about 1Password.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.