When I try to update the extension for Chrome I get an error message to contact support.

Options

How do I update the extension for Chrome? When I do the "Update Now" button and then the install button I get a error message.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When I try to update the extension for Chrome I get an error message to contact support.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Liz_Chavez,

Welcome to the forums! :)

Could you please specify what version of 1Password extension you have in Chrome now? Have you tried deleting it from Chrome, then downloading and installing it from our website? Maybe this will work and you will be all set after that. If it doesn't work, please get back to us.

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• Liz_Chavez
    Liz_Chavez
    Community Member
    Options

1Password version is 4.6.1.616. I don't know what the extension is in Chrome. I don't know how to find that or remove it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Liz_Chavez: You can either right-click the 1Password "keyhole" icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Manage Extensions, or click the [ ⋮ ] button and go to Settings > Extensions. Both will take you to the same place, where you can click the trashcan icon to remove the extension. The install the latest version from the AgileBits website:

1Password browser extensions

But before installing it again, go to Chrome's [ ⋮ ] menu, select Help > About Google Chrome, and make sure it updates fully. Then restart your PC and install the 1Password extension in Chrome. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.