I get a connection failure error when trying to download the firefox addon.

Options

1Password4 ver 4.6.1.616
Firefox ver 49.01
Windows ver 7 Professional

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox addon 1password4

Comments

• Hi @miner,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Which anti-malware software are you using? We're investigating a surge in reports about this issue from various users and are trying to narrow down the source.

Thanks,

Alex

• miner
    miner
    Community Member
    Options

Alex
    I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security. I have paused protection but get the same error. I don't have the Kaspersky Firefox addon enabled.

• That's good information, @miner. Can you please tell us the exact version of Kaspersky Internet Security you have installed?
    I'm about to run a few tests with it and want to make sure I get it right.

Cheers,

Alex

• RSAtkinson
    RSAtkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. I'm getting a connection failure error when trying to download the firefox addon.
    1Password4 ver 4.6.1.616
    Firefox ver 49.01
    Windows 10 Pro

• miner
    miner
    Community Member
    Options

Kaspersky Internet Security 16.0.1.445(e)

• RSAtkinson
    RSAtkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Turning off Eset Nod32 doesn't help.

• Hi guys,

For the moment, try saving the extension file in a different browser like IE and then load the extension into Firefox manually. Here's how: https://support.1password.com/cannot-install-extension/#firefox

• RSAtkinson
    RSAtkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike, that worked using Chrome.

• We're glad to hear that @RSAtkinson.

With any luck we'll know the cause of this soon.

Cheers,

Alex

• bc1nurse
    bc1nurse
    Community Member
    Options

Windows 10, Firefox 49.0.1, 1Password 4.6.1.616, Kaspersky Total Internet Security,

Unable to install browser extension - Error Firefox prevented this site from asking you to install software on your computer (Click Allow) - Error

the addon could not be downloaded because of connection failure

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:windows 10 firefox the addon could not be downloaded because of connection

• Hi @bc1nurse,

I've merged your thread into this one, please try the instructions here to fix the issue: https://support.1password.com/cannot-install-extension/#firefox

• Hi everybody, we have some good news for users of Kaspersky software affected by this issue.

We're still working on a permanent solution to make sure the extension update or download isn't blocked in the first place but in the meantime our contacts at Kaspersky recommend you disable two protection components: "Private Browsing" and "Anti-Banner". Disabling these components does not disable with the core protection features of your Kaspersky software and is considered safe.

To disable these components, go to
    Settings (gear icon in the lower left of the Kaspersky Total Protection or Internet Security window) and disable "Private Browsing" and "Anti-Banner" in the Protection section of the settings.

We'll update you on any progress we make with Kaspersky and other anti-malware software vendors.

Cheers,

Alex

• miner
    miner
    Community Member
    Options

Mike
    The manual process worked.
    Alex
    I only had to turn off "Anti-Banner". Everything seems to be ok with "Private Browsing" switched on

Thanks Guys

• That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know.

• bc1nurse
    bc1nurse
    Community Member
    Options

Able to install, but have error after every restart

Looking for the 1Password helper

The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly.

Private Browsing and Anti-Banner turned off in Kaspersky

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bc1nurse: Please make sure they are disabled in Kaspersky, remove the 1Password extension, restart Windows, and then install a fresh copy of the extension. Let me know if that helps! :)

• MikeT
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @bc1nurse,

When you got it installed, did you get any authorization dialog from 1Password? It sounds like 1Password may be rejecting your connection because the extension wasn't authorized.

If Brenty's suggestion doesn't help, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.