Extension authorization in Chrome will not work. Deleted the program until this is sorted out Help!

Options

1password extension will not authorize. Chrome. Recycles every few seconds. This is new issue. Had software for quite a while.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:extension authorization is requested over and over. I tried and give up. Chrome

Comments

• Hi @jb5929,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please tell us which

• version of 1Password,
    • version of the 1Password browser extension,
    • anti-malware software

you're using? We've have a number of reports about connection issues in recent days and there's a good chance that we have a solution for you.

Cheers,

Alex

• jb5929
    jb5929
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted the 1password program so I do not know for a fact which version but believe it is the latest as I always upgrade when I get a notice that one is available. Malware is Malwarebytes, and also Adblock Plus and Ad Block. I periodically use CCleaner. As to the extension: again I deleted everything from Google Chrome so I do not know but again assume as is my practice to have upgraded to the latest version. Right now it is removed from the computer and all extensions have been deleted.

• If you decide to reinstall 1Password we can look into troubleshooting this further.
    Out of interest for our testing endeavours: are you using Malwarebytes Anti Malware Premium?

Thanks!

• jb5929
    jb5929
    Community Member
    Options

I was offline a bit and apologize for the delay. I will reinstall after I get some guidance on how to prevent a recurrence of the previously described issue. I do have Malwarebytes premium which runs every day. The only way I could get the issue to stop was to remove the extensions from Chrome and remove your program. Glad to proceed!

• Hey @jb5929,

Glad to hear from you again. We've done quite a bit of testing with anti-malware software in recent days because many users reported issues with the 1Password browser extension after the 4.6.1.90 update which added authentication and encryption.

From our testing, MalwareBytes Anti Malware Premium, which does runs in the background and persistently scans for threats, does not interfere with 1Password in its standard configuration. That doesn't mean, however, that it's not a contributing factor in your case.

Here's what I would like you to do:

1. Install 1Password again.
    2. Disable Adblock and Adblock Plus in your browser.
    3. Install the 1Password Chrome extension again.
    4. Attempt the authorisation process.

Does it succeed now?

Cheers and have a great day,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.