Login autosaving nonfunctional after Windows v6 upgrade [Local vaults are read-only]

Options
karunamon
karunamon
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Greetings,

After upgrading the Windows client to version 6, I have noticed two problems.

1. The browser extension no longer recognizes login forms or prompts me to save their credentials.

2. The password generator "copy" button does nothing, and generated passwords are not being saved for later recall

As it stands, I am only able to use already existing logins stored in 1password - entering in new logins via the browser extension is completely broken.

Standard troubleshooting such as reinstalling 1password and the plugin was already carried out to no effect.

Possibly related, the client dropdown box for selection which vault would get auto saved logins is blank and unusable.

1Password Version: 6.1.272d
Extension Version: Chrome 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @karunamon. Sorry for the problems you're having. I hope you don't mind but since this sounds like more of a problem with the Windows app than with the actual filling or saving process in the browser, I've moved it to the Windows forum so it can get the right people looking at it sooner.

Out of curiosity, do you have your 1Password.com account set up in 1Password 6 already?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• karunamon
    karunamon
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there @jxpx777 - thanks, I wasn't sure where to drop this one.

I do not have a 1password.com account set up as I don't use it - the only vault I have is the one stored in my Dropbox.

• mtougeron
    mtougeron
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. I also do not have a 1password.com account for my home/personal vault (just work which I am not signed into at home).

I am also not able to edit any existing logings.

• MikeT
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi guys,

1Password 6 is not yet an upgrade to 1Password 4, it is a limited app only for 1Password.com customers right now. Right now, it has read-only support for local vault files, that's why you cannot select it as the default vault to save to nor can you edit any data in there.

We will add full support for local vaults but we don't have a timeframe on this. Once we do, we'll announce it and probably update 1Password 4 to make a note about an available upgrade.

If you need full write support for local vaults, your option is to fall back to 1Password 4 and wait or you can give 1Password.com a try with 1Password 6.

• karunamon
    karunamon
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh! Okay, that explains it then. Perhaps I should have read the docs a bit more closely.

Thanks!

• MikeT
    edited October 2016
    Options

We do need to do a better job of making this clearer or even better, add full support for local vaults. Hopefully, we can make the latter happen sooner.

This discussion has been closed.