Browser Button on Firefox

Options

I am using the 1Password subscription via a Firefox browser. I access 1Password from all my devices via the web sign in.
When in a browser and I click the 1Password button in the top right side, the menu for the 1Password 6 desktop application opens instead of the "Cloud" based version. If I uninstall the 1Password 6 desktop application and then click the button in the browser, it says that the password helper is not running. I uninstalled then reinstalled 1Password 6 but no joy.
I don't think that it is configured correctly because the whole reason I pay a subscription is to avoid using any desktop application.
Thanks!
Scott

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616 (19)
Extension Version: 4.6.1 (Mozilla Firefox)
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Browser based
Referrer: forum-search:firefox addin unlocks desktop version

Comments

• Hi @sokolich,

Thanks for writing in.

I apologize for any confusion, the 1Password.com subscription you're paying is for the cloud storage of your 1Password data on our servers in addition to easier sharing of 1Password data, all 1Password apps and its future upgrades included, and web access to your 1Password data on https://1Password.com from anywhere.

However, this does not mean you can use the 1Password extensions to connect to the 1Password.com backend instead of the desktop programs, that's not yet available.

We do want the ability to have self-contained 1Password extensions without the requirement of the desktop programs but we don't have a timeframe on when it may be available.

• sokolich
    sokolich
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike!
    That explains it. Looking forward to the upgrade!
    Thanks!
    Scott

• You're most welcome, @sokolich.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

Alex

• sokolich
    sokolich
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• On behalf of the team, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.