Auto-fill/login and trackpad gestures

Options
TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Maybe I've missed it, but in 1Password 6 I don't see a way to auto-fill logins and auto-login. I have to press ctrl-\ to fill and submit the login. I'd like an option for each saved password to auto-fill and login. This of course would only work when there is one match to the website.

I was also thinking it would be cool to allow a trackpad gesture to act as ctrl-. For example, use a circle gesture. I have a Yoga 910 with a great gesture aware trackpad.

1Password Version: 6.1.272d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @TravelSD,

In the next major update to Windows 10, Microsoft is going to let you add custom gestures that's linked to keyboard shortcuts. You can check it out in their blog post here.

It is intentional that 1Password does not automatically fill without your intervention, this is a security risk that we don't want to take and this has been validated in a research paper showing that if you let a tool automatically fill all the time, a malicious website can changes pages silently and grab all of your data at once. That's why we have no plans to ever support this, at least until browsers come up with a proper defense against this.

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

Well I'm glad to know that 1Password is that deeply involved in security research. I did setup a macro for my mouse to do the hot key combo. And for my laptop I'll wait until Win10 update comes out with the customer gestures. Roboform autofilled all day long (which I was previously using). So I'm heartened that 1Password takes security more seriously.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. Unfortunately phishing attacks are not rare at all, so we really don't want to take chances with anyone's data — yours or our own. Thanks for checking out 1Password! Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions, comments, or feedback. :)

This discussion has been closed.