1password6 / browser plugins - url matching not specific enough

Options

When pressing ctrl+\ after upgrading to 1password6, the url matching is way too generic.

I have hundreds of hostnames like:

..customerdomain.com

If I'm on http://server1.thn.customerdomain.com, I do not want to see every item that has a URL that ends in "customerdomain.com" when I press ctrl+\ as this drastically reduces the usefulness of this shortcut, particularly as when you have to click on a specific item in the mini pop-up, the TOTP copy-to-clipboard does not fire.

1Password Version: 6.1.272d
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1P4T
Referrer: forum-search:1password6 url matching not specific enough

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @HatClub,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know, the subdomain matching/ranking will definitely be implemented in a future update. Right now, what you can do is search for the item instead, 1Password mini will filter the list for you as soon as you start typing.

I've tested the multiple items with TOTP and it did send TOTP to the clipboard when I selected an item to fill. This is a strange one because the code is to start copying the TOTP once the filling starts, so having multiple matched items shouldn't be a factor.

I need a little bit more details to figure out why this isn't working for you. First, can you confirm that it did send TOTP when you only have one item?

[Update: I've deleted your other thread that talks about the same TOTP issue, so we can talk about it in one place]

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure what to tell you about the more-than-one-item TOTP thing - it is currently working on my laptop. Let me check again when I'm back at my desk - perhaps this is somehow win 7 specific, or I'm losing my mind.

The URL matching though, I would have almost thought it took more effort to write it to only match on the most-significant part of the domain than it did to just explode on / and take the second element! Can’t wait to have this back - it's a real pain right now.

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Right, so, keeping this in here because you deleted my other topic - where I was trying to keep separate issues in distinct threads to make the threads more useful for people who search later - but in trying to diagnose exactly what I am seeing here I have come across a new problem that I would make another topic for:

How do I move things back out of the trash in 1p6?

When I right click on an item in the trash I still have "move to trash" as the context option, I can't drag items in 1p6, I can't copy/move it to the same vault it's already in, I can't delete it completely...

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    Options

I untoggled and retoggled copy TOTP on my w7 workstation, and restarted 1P, and, well, TOTP-after-item now works with one or more items as expected, so I don't know what that was all about.

The desktop client does definitely seem to be missing "empty trash" and "restore" buttons though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up! I'm glad to hear that's working for you now. Indeed, the new 1Password 6 app does not yet have "empty trash" and "restore" options, but we'll be adding this in a future update. In the mean time, you can do this in the web interface at 1Password.com. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

The URL matching is a several-times-daily pain in my backside. It's been three months - this surely should have been one of the lowest hanging fruits, to try to match a hostname exactly first, before expanding to simply anything that ends in the same domain.

I know you guys seem to have a policy of never disclosing any kind of dates for anything whatsoever, ever, but I really need to know if this is even close to the top of your list or if I need to start looking elsewhere instead of our teams subscription as it's really starting to chafe paying a subscription for something that is day-to-day-operationally worse than the old version.

• Hi @Hatclub,

Thanks for writing back.

You're not alone, this annoys us too as we have many subdomains on agilebits.com and 1Password 6 for Windows would show us the whole list.

It is definitely near the top of our list for the 1Password mini improvements but there are other changes we need to make first to the core of 1Password before we can focus on 1Password mini. Once we get to this stage, a lot of changes will happen at the same time like category grouping, password generator, tags, and of course subdomain matching improvements here.

If you'd like, I can follow up with you as soon as we have a beta build ready but we can't promise anything right now, it won't be months for sure.

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike

If you could give me a prod when there's a beta out that supports the more-specific filtering that would be great, thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

@Hatclub: Will do! :)

ref: OPW6-370

This discussion has been closed.