1Password 6 License

Options
Jensenhrx
Jensenhrx
Community Member
edited October 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello after looking a few post i have a couple of questions

In another thread people where talking about license upgrades and such when i purchased 1password i got both the mac and windows version do i need do some upgrade or something or is that for the ones that own just one of the versions since now the license is "universal"

Also i was really looking forward to use 1Password 6 on windows but in the release notes i see this

"Full support for standalone licenses and local vaults will come in future releases."

I own a license so does the new version would be useless for me at the moment? is there any ETA for this perhaps sometime this year or the next one?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @Jensenhrx,

I own a license so does the new version would be useless for me at the moment?

1Password 6 is technically free to use if you have no needs to modify your data in the local vaults, it does support local vaults as read-only. Once we add support for modifying local vaults and to create new local vaults, we'll add licensing as well, so you can upgrade if you want.

Right now, the latest version for licensed customers is 1Password 4. 1Password 6 doesn't yet have all of the features needed to be an effective upgrade to 1Password 4 but when it does, we will announce it for everyone.

For 1Password 6, it is only meant to be used by 1Password.com Teams customers as mentioned in our blog post here. It can also be used by 1Password.com Individuals and Families as well but again, it doesn't have all the features needed by Individuals and Families.

We're working as fast as we can to add all the required features before it can be a complete product for everyone, licensed and 1Password.com customers.

is there any ETA for this perhaps sometime this year or the next one?

We don't have a timeframe on this, it is one of our highest priority items to complete but we have a lot of things that needs to be complete first before it is possible to support local vaults.

This discussion has been closed.