Using a Windows License on the Android App

Options

I've been using the free version of the 1password for Windows v4.6.0.604. I've enjoyed using it a lot, and so, decided to purchase the lifetime license. It's worked great on my computer!

However, I've also started using 1password on my Android phone. I'm having trouble syncing all my data over to the phone, whether it be via dropbox or via the agilebits server. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@licurtis07: I'm sorry of the confusion! We don't sell a "lifetime license"; rather, your license is valid for the version of 1Password you purchased. It also is not possible to "bundle" apps between stores, so 1Password for Android (or iOS) are not something we've ever offered with the other apps. It just isn't possible, so each of these is a separate purchase.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps and do away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

Otherwise you can purchase the Pro Features in 1Password for Android separately and use Dropbox sync. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• licurtis07
    licurtis07
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for the thorough explanation! With your help, I ultimately chose to purchase the Pro Features for Android. I was able to set up the dropbox sync just the way I wanted it to work. Thanks again for all your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.