Extension in Chrome doesn't respond when clicked

Options

Hi,
Extension doesn't respond anymore, shortcut opens 1P menu but without password suggestions. Works fine in IE. Might have stopped working since the update that changed communication with browser, not sure.
I have deinstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the browser extension, no success.
For antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials is installed.

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Win 7 64Bit
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome

Comments

• Hi @Thundersnake,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

The 1Password Internet Explorer add-on working when the others aren't points to a connection issue. Usually those are caused by overzealous anti-malware software but since you're using Microsoft Security Essentials that kind of rules it out.

Are you, by any chance, using a proxy server or a VPN? Or maybe even some kind of invasive browser extension?

Thanks,

Alex

P.S.: Your username is awesome. I always have to smile when I read it.

• Thundersnake
    Thundersnake
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AlexHoffmann,
    thnx for smiling :-)

No malware, your right.
    But yes, I'm using a proxy server. Extensions might be Adblock Plus, I'll try deinstalling later.

• The proxy will be the most likely culprit then. They usually reroute traffic that happens at the localhost IP address 127.0.0.1 to the server, too. For no reason, I might add.

This should help: Configure Windows firewall or proxy server

Please let us know if it does.

• Thundersnake
    Thundersnake
    Community Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Proxy is configured via proxyscript, I can't add localhost. But deactivating proxy doesn't help either.

Adblock plus is deinstalled, no change.

• Can you give us a link to the proxy software? We'd love to take a look.

• Thundersnake
    Thundersnake
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, misunderstanding, maybe because my windows is german :-)

It is the system proxy configuration (for internet explorer), script for automatic configuration, http://...proxy.pac
    Chrome uses system proxy.

• Ah. We've had the occasional case where a user had this issue.

Can you please try the following:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Network.
    2. Set the network option to No proxy server, press OK to save the change.
    3. Restart 1Password to confirm the issue is resolved.
  • Addendum:

Before you try the instructions above, we'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we'll take a close look. Thanks very much!

• Thundersnake
    Thundersnake
    Community Member
    Options

thnx, #PDF-95811-221

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Thundersnake: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: PDF-95811-221

This discussion has been closed.