when i click on 1password icon in browser get message "password helper not running" help!

Options

I am having a terrible time and getting frustrated! every time I click on the 1password icon in my browser i get the message "password helper not running" I have restarted computer after downloading "app" on computer....nothing changed. I am not great at this kind of thing -please help!

1Password Version: Version 6 I believe
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:when I click on 1password in browser get message "password helper not running" help!

Comments

• Hi @chrissyblevio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're happy to help.

It looks like some piece of software on your PC is interfering with the communication between 1Password, the 1Password Helper (a necessary background application) and the browser extensions.
    The most common culprits are antivirus and firewall applications or the use of a proxy server.

Can you please tell us which security software you're using and whether you're using a proxy server?

Cheers,

Alex

• chrissyblevio
    chrissyblevio
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Alex! I have Macafee Security Scan Plus and ....I don't even know what a proxy server is!

• chrissyblevio
    chrissyblevio
    Community Member
    Options

I googled....no, i do not have a proxy server..just my home laptop

• Hi @chrissyblevio,

Thanks for getting back to us. While we test whether McAfee Security Scan Plus can have this effect, can you please also tell us which other extensions you're using in your browser?

Thanks!

• chrissyblevio
    chrissyblevio
    Community Member
    Options

I really don't know what a browser ext is but I have attached a pic of my programs. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chrissyblevio: Sorry for the confusion! That's Windows' list of installed applications. Since you haven't mentioned what you're using, it's difficult to be specific, but you can find the locations of the extensions for each browser in this guide:

How to remove the 1Password browser extension

Let us know what you see there, and which OS and browser versions you're using:

Find your version of 1Password, the extension, or your operating system

Thanks in advance! :)

• chrissyblevio
    chrissyblevio
    Community Member
    Options

I followed the instructions for remove the one password browser extension. I saw nothing there except for iMessage that I had some kind of fire fox app running that was incompatible and the other app I had was something to do with Pinterest I deleted both of them. As for the other directions I cannot locate settings when I'm in 1password I don't have that little you know that little tool icon I'm getting really frustrated with this. I tried re-downloading it it looks like it downloaded but I'm not seeing the iPassword icon on my laptop. I have a question honestly if I were paying for this and not doing a free trial that I actually be able to get somebody on the phone. I'm I mean I'm going to run out of the free trial by the time we get this resolved if we do. I don't know what to do at this point I just don't know what to do. I'm getting very frustrated I am taking a computer online course and I cannot move forward in my course until I resolve the issue with this website.

• chrissyblevio
    chrissyblevio
    Community Member
    Options

According to my computer when I going to applications it's installed the iPAQ's word is installed. But I don't see it anywhere. On my desktop I say something I see something that says agile bits. When I click on that it says ready to install course when I install it it says it can't because there's already it's already been installed I don't know why I have I don't know oh my gosh I am. So it's the app is in my computer how I'm supposed access it I cannot figure out. How do I open the app if I cannot find it? I would really feel better if I could talk to somebody on the phone I don't know how long I can go back-and-forth like this but your service came highly recommended and I really don't feel like starting over with somebody else

• chrissyblevio
    chrissyblevio
    Community Member
    Options

Cannot find settings in my 1pw acct

• chrissyblevio
    chrissyblevio
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I think this is what you wanted-
    1Password 6.1.286d

• Hi @chrissyblevio,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I'm not entirely sure what is going on with your setup.
    I get a feeling that we're missing something and I'd like to move this conversation to email.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Alex

This discussion has been closed.