Red exclamation point in browser [do not remove extension!]

This discussion was created from comments split from: Chrome extension not responding.

Comments

• chuck_rife
    chuck_rife
    Community Member

Where do i find what version i have? It is windows. There appears to be an exclamation point in the red circle that is over the browser extension icon. And as i said, the information is not registering in my assigned. Did you receive the diagnostic link? Where do we go from here?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chuck_rife: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion since you're having a different issue than the one being discussed in that old thread.

It sounds like you make have a very old version. Whatever you do, do not remove the extension until we're certain you have all of your data in the main 1Password app.

Just follow this guide and let me know the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using:

Which version do I have?

And then, the important question: Do you have all of your data in the main 1Password app, or is there some that is only in the browser extension? Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• chuck_rife
    chuck_rife
    Community Member

I have version 3.9.21.90 and i am running Windows 10. I am not sure i know what is in browser extension? i think everything is in the main 1Password app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chuck_rife: That's what I'd suspected: you have a very old version of the 1Password extension. But which version of the main 1Password app are you running? I don't want to make any assumptions and tell you to do the wrong thing. Thanks in advance!

• chuck_rife
    chuck_rife
    Community Member

i am running version 1.0.9.342. You know i download every upgrade sent to me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chuck_rife: Ah, thank you for telling me! I'm sorry for the confusion. 1Password for Windows version 1 was developed in 2010 and supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8. It hasn't been under active development since 2014, so it does not support Windows 10 or current browser releases.

Regarding updates, all minor updates are free and always offered automatically. But we don't track 1Password users' behaviour, and we also don't push major releases on people to try to trick them into using a new major version which is a paid upgrade, such as 1Password 4.

1Password 4 was released in late 2014, and does support Windows 10 and newer browsers. You'll have a better experience there, so you may want to consider upgrading. You may already have a 1Password 4 license though. Please follow the instructions here to export your data from the old extension, and shoot us an email at support+forums@agilebits.com if you have any issues with that or your license. We'll get this sorted out for you! :)

• chuck_rife
    chuck_rife
    Community Member

Thank you for your patience and assistance. I am now back in service.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.