when I start 1password it will only appear in my toolbar, it will not load on my screen

I have recently brought 1password and it was working perfectly.
Today every time that I start the application it will only appear in my toolbar I can not see it on my screen

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:wont show on my screen

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chrispietsch: It sounds like you've set 1Password to start minimized. Definitely check the shortcut you use for it and edit its Properties. You should also be able to click the notification icon to open the window even if it's minimized. If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know which version of 1Password you're using. Thanks in advance! :)

• chrispietsch
    chrispietsch
    Community Member

@brenty Yes 1password is set to start on start-up but I can not get the main screen to appear on screen, I can not edit options or do anything except open the 1password mini.

1password does not maximize.

I am using 1password 6.1.286d

• Hi @chrispietsch,

Are you using multiple monitors or switch between desktop monitor and/or laptop screens?

If you press Control + Alt, does 1Password show up on the list of apps?

• chrispietsch
    chrispietsch
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

I am only using the laptop monitor. 1password shows up in lists of apps if I press control + alt.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chrispietsch: Good to know! Can you tell me exactly what happens if you restart Windows with 1Password set to open on startup? If you remove it from the Windows startup process and launch it yourself, does it open normally?

• @chrispietsch on a theory that 1Password window somehow lost it's place on the screen, try to Alt+Tab into it's window (on your screenshot you have 1Password window, either minimized or offscreen). Once you are in the window, press Windows+Up key (that will force window to maximize). You should be able to see it now.

To preserve location for the future, use mouse/touch/touchpad/pen to grab 1Password window by title bar and drag it until it loose maximize state. Hope that helps :)

• chrispietsch
    chrispietsch
    Community Member

@brenty
    I have tried to restart my computer with 1password disabled on start up. 1password still will not maximize. When 1password is set on enabled on start up it appears in the taskbar as a minimized program and will not maximize.

@SergeyTheAgile
    I have tried the windows+up as well and still no luck.

• MikeT
    edited November 2016

Hi @chrispietsch,

What happens if you right-click on the taskbar to select Cascade windows, does that work?

Does hovering over 1Password icon in the taskbar show a preview, I wonder if you can right-click on the preview to select some of the options to manage it like moving or restoring it.

• chrispietsch
    chrispietsch
    Community Member

@MikeT

The cascade window option did not work.

Your suggestion to right click on the preview did work.

Thanks

• That's good news, @chrispietsch, thanks for letting us know.
    Which option in the context menu Mike recommended did you choose?

This discussion has been closed.