Default vault doesn't stick

Options

Just a suggestion from a happy new user...
It would be nice if when you selected a vault to look at, the choice stuck around until changed. Almost anything, for example going to settings/options or closing the program and re-opening sends one back to All vaults.

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:default vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RichardStartz: The new app is very much designed around All Vaults, but you're right that it would be nice to have a way to choose a "default" or simply have it pick up where you left off. Thanks for the feedback, and your kind words. Let us know if you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions! :)

• the_viper
    the_viper
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like this, as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! :)

• scottjenson
    scottjenson
    Community Member
    Options

Just so you have a bit more motivation, my wife and I just signed up for 1Password so we can have all of our logins in one place (and easily seen to each other) While it's possible for me to take my wife's emergency kit and unlock her personal passwords, the whole point is to make this communal. Currently 1Password defaults to my Personal vault every.... single... time so each time I have to save a new password I have to remember to set to the the shared vault. Sometimes I forget. So I have to go into the vaults and move them, which is very tedious.

I appreciate that not all family accounts members want to work this way. That's why I'm willing to have this be a hidden setting. It would greatly decrease our frustration in trying to use the product.

Thanks for listening!

Scott

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @scottjenson,

Thanks for letting us know.

First thing first, you can set the default vault for saving new Login items. This is already implemented in 1Password 6, to find it;

1. Open the main 1Password app, unlock, and go to Settings on top right (gear icon) to select Options.
    2. Select the General tab on the sidebar and look for Vault for saving, change this to Shared.

In the future, we do plan to add additional settings like Always open to last used vault, exclude certain vaults from All Vaults, and more.

• scottjenson
    scottjenson
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent! Thank you

• You're welcome.

• dennispepe
    dennispepe
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Another vote for being able to individually set a particular vault as the default for each different computer rather than being stuck with "All Vaults" when opening the program. Also, it is particularly irritating to go into settings and come back to the main portion of the program only to discover the unexpected change back to All Vaults. Other than that lone issue I absolutely love this program and recommend it highly to anyone who asks me about a password storage app.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dennispepe,

Thank you for weighing in and your kind words! :)

1Password Mini in the latest version of 1Password 6 for Windows remembers your choice of the vault. For example, if I choose Demo vault there:

This choice will stick around even if I relaunch the browser or computer. I wonder if this will work for you? :)

As Mike noted above, we have plans to have additional settings for this behaviour in the main app. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.