Must run two versions of 1Password, but causes challenges...

I'm using 1Password 4.6.1.616 for my own personal accounts and passwords, and my office just started to use 1Password Teams 6.1.286d at the office for our business related items. There are limitations with using a version 4 vault within version 6 clients, so I've installed both on my machine.

The password auto-fill using the CTRL-\ is no longer working reliably because it jumps between the two clients and there is no way to identify which one it should use by default.

Can you tell me if there is a way to force the 1Password Helper to always connect to a specific version of the client, so that passwords from the non-connected will always need to be manually copied and pasted?

If not, perhaps I'll need to uninstall 1Password Teams 6 and simply use the web view in order to allow me to use both versions, if you think that would work?

I suppose the easiest answer would be if you have an idea of when the original vault format will be fully supported in the 6 client...

Thanks!

Jonathan

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616 and 6.1.286d
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox (ver 4) and Team Server (ver 6)

Comments

• Mirth
    Mirth
    Community Member

I should also mention that, sometimes when trying to fill passwords using the CTRL-\, instead of a random connection to either version of 1Password, it will instead simply do nothing (no fill, no message, nothing at all).

• MikeT
    edited November 2016

Hi @Mirth,

Thanks for writing in.

There isn't a way for 1Password extensions to co-exist between both versions of 1Password but you can force it to only connect to 1Password 6 while copying/pasting in 1Password 4.

Note that if you open the local vaults in 1Password 6, the 1Password extensions can still use these vaults to fill in your data, it just cannot write to them yet meaning no auto-saving support. We don't have a timeframe on when we will be able to add write support for local vaults in 1Password 6.

Here's what you can do to prevent 1Password 4's Helper from running:

1. Right-click on the taskbar to select Start Task Manager, select the "Processes" and look for Agile1pAgent.exe process to right-click on it to select End Process.
    2. Now, bring up the start menu, search for msconfig and open it. Go to the Startup tab and uncheck the option for the Agile1pAgent.exe from auto-starting when you reboot your computer.
    3. Open 1Password 6, unlock, and go to Settings on top right to select Options > Browser to check the box next to Register 1Password Helper.
    4. Restart your browser and 1Password mini from 1Password 6 should be starting now.

I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.