Chrome extension is not working on Version 54

Hi,
I have used 1password and browser extension well, and my chrome had broken at last Friday, so I install a latest chrome 54.0. and i found extension cannot working now, every time i click the button of extension, it show a page that cannot connect to 1password helper.

1Password Version: 4.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zxszx: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! I had the same trouble last week because Chrome released a minor update. When an update is pending, it can break extensions, so make sure you have the latest version (54.0.2840.87 as of this moment), remove the 1Password extension, restart Windows, and install the current 1Password extension. You'll need to authorize the connection, and then you should be all set. If you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know if you have "security" software that might be preventing 1Password from connecting securely. Thanks in advance! :)

• mrichmon
    mrichmon
    Community Member

The 1Password extension for Chrome on OS X has been unstable since the move to the new extension validation process. I regularly have 1Password unable to fill in passwords, and 1Password repeatedly re-validating the extension each time I launch Chrome or open a new tab.

What is the recommended resolution?

• zxszx
    zxszx
    Community Member

@brenty Hi, Thanks for you help, I have tried all things you mentioned. It still not work for me. I think it may a widely issue cause i saw many people have same issue on chrome store page. btw, I have kaspersky security. it used to working fine. so i don't think there are any relativity between them.

• @mrichmon @zxszx,

Can you two please tell us the exact names and version of the anti-malware software you're using?
    We've been seeing an increase in issues with anti-virus programs since we added the authentication process.

What's important to note is that nothing about the actual communication process between 1Password and the 1Password browser extensions has changed. We're in contact with various anti-malware software vendors to find a solution for these issues.

Any details you can give us should help.

Cheers,

Alex

• zxszx
    zxszx
    Community Member

Hi @AlexHoffmann I'm using Kaspersky security software 16.0.1.445(e) about 2 years, which I have using longer than 1password. so, everything was working fine before your last update. and now, I totally cannot work as usual. I wish to get an approximate time that you can fix this?
    Also i have to say, the update of Windows version is too slow, Mac has already run up to version 6 and we are still using 1password4 which cannot support Chinese.

• Hi @zxszx,

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• zxszx
    zxszx
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

I have sent the mail to the mail box, please check.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zxszx: Nothing within the last year from this address. Did you send it from another? Please post the Support ID you received here and we'll take a look. Thanks in advance! :)

• zxszx
    zxszx
    Community Member

Here is support ID #JFU-91722-468

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zxszx: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: JFU-91722-468

This discussion has been closed.