Long time v4 user feedback of the Windows v6 application

I was having a discussion with @brenty in another thread and he suggested that I post my list of missing features and recommendations for the WIndows v6 application so here goes! A lot has been covered elsewhere I think but here's my complete list (so far). I've been using 1Password for a while so I'm surprisingly passionate about it :)

• Browser extension is just a list of all my items, it's missing the different views (logins, identities, etc)
  • Browser extension right clicking on an item is missing an edit option
  • Option to disable shared vault for specific users
  • Option to disable personal vault for specific users
  • Option to rename shared and personal vaults
  • Option to log in as a different user (using windows accounts is not an acceptable answer for a lot of users -- v4 handled this situation just fine so there's no reason to not bring this to v6)
  • Mechanism to export a backup of my vaults (either encrypted or plaintext)
  • Tags should be selectable in addition to free text (shouldn't have to type "financial" if there is already an existing tag for that)
  • When deleting an entry, the list scrolls outside the selection (e.g. if I delete entry "Book", it will scroll to "Animal" even though there are lots of other entries around "Book" that it could have stayed at)
  • In trash, i can't permanently delete one item (the only option for an individual item is "move to trash" which doesn't work because it's already in trash)
  • Missing columns in login list (password strength, tags, etc)
  • Watchtower missing

1Password Version: 6.1.296
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• Hi @joe6759,

Thanks for writing in, that's a great list!

Browser extension is just a list of all my items, it's missing the different views (logins, identities, etc)

Category groupings in 1Password mini is coming in a future update, along with the tags, favorites, and password generator in the same view.

Browser extension right clicking on an item is missing an edit option

I assume you mean "Open in 1Password" as 1Password 4 didn't have an option to edit your item in 1Password extension.

However, we do plan to bring the item editor to the 1Password mini in a future update.

Option to disable shared vault for specific users, Option to disable personal vault for specific users, Option to rename shared and personal vaults

These type of options are something we're considering for a future update to 1Password.com's Admin Console to give you more control over the vaults.

Option to log in as a different user (using windows accounts is not an acceptable answer for a lot of users -- v4 handled this situation just fine so there's no reason to not bring this to v6)

We are looking into the possibility of adding a profile feature, where you can switch profiles to switch the database you can unlock in 1Password 6 but we don't have a timeframe on this.

Mechanism to export a backup of my vaults (either encrypted or plaintext)

You can export your data already via the Settings > Export menu in 1Password 6. Backups for 1Password.com data are already handled by our servers for you.

Tags should be selectable in addition to free text (shouldn't have to type "financial" if there is already an existing tag for that)

Tag auto-completion is coming in a future update.

When deleting an entry, the list scrolls outside the selection (e.g. if I delete entry "Book", it will scroll to "Animal" even though there are lots of other entries around "Book" that it could have stayed at)

Thanks for letting us know that, we'll see if we can fix that.

In trash, i can't permanently delete one item (the only option for an individual item is "move to trash" which doesn't work because it's already in trash)

We will remove the Move to Trash option when the item is already in the trash.

However, deleting a specific item forever is not available in any 1Password apps. We'll add it to our requests list, thanks for bringing this up.

Missing columns in login list (password strength, tags, etc)

A column layout is something we might look into adding as an additional interface option for 1Password 6.

Watchtower missing

Watchtower along with Security Audit are near the top on our list to implement soon for 1Password 6.

Thanks again for taking the time to write this list for us.

This discussion has been closed.