moving my 1password to new computer and on entering my key, "invalid license key" pops up.

Options

I am trying to move my 1password account to a new computer but on entering my license key it comes up as invalid. What do I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:moving my 1password to new computer and on entering my key, "invalid license key" pops up.

Comments

• Jacob
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @jbuller! I’m sorry for the confusion about an account. We recently introduced a 1Password subscription service, which has automatic sync between your devices, access to 1Password anywhere, and an account to access everything. Since you purchased 1Password a while back, you didn't get an account with the new service.

So, to get started with 1Password on your new computer, you can create an account, migrate your old computer's data to it, and sign in to your account on your new computer. You can also use your existing license on your new computer. I sent it to you so you have a copy. It's for 1Password 4 for Windows, and you can download that version.

Download 1Password 4 for Windows

Then sync your data from your existing computer using Dropbox or manually with a folder:

Sync your 1Password data

Let us know how that goes! We're happy to help along the way. :)

This discussion has been closed.