To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

One app and one account how to merge?

Options
AbelP
AbelP
Community Member

I downloaded the app on iphone. Latter I created an account from my.1passworrd on iPhone. Two different passwords. My app has lots of logins. My account has no logins. How do I get the app to merge with the account. Thank you. AbelP

Comments

• Hi @AbelP! I'd be happy to help you get things moved to your account. We have a solid guide to get you started:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you have some questions along the way, just let us know. Once you move things to your account, you can sign in to it from your computer or another device and your 1Password data will be available there too. :)

• kamranhsiddiqi
    kamranhsiddiqi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I have the same question. I started using 1password on my iOS device a long time ago. I have a bunch of logins stored on it in a vault called Primary.
    Yesterday I created a 1password account on my.1password.com so that I could also have all those logins available on my desktop too. My.1password.com created a vault called Personal, which is empty.
    I then added my.1password.com account to my 1password app on my iOS device, which now has: 1) the original Primary vault and 2) the new Personal vault from my.1password.com.
    Online on my.1password.com I have only the Personal vault. I want only 1 vault that has all my logins.

So, do I have to go into each login in the Primary vault and move it into my Personal vault in order for the logins to appear on my.1password.com or is there a faster way to have my Primary vault show up on my.1password.com?

• Jacob
    edited November 2016
    Options

@kamranhsiddiqi At the moment, you will have to move them one by one. We're hoping to release an update soon that will do this automatically. You can keep an eye out for that, or migrate things manually for now.

• kamranhsiddiqi
    kamranhsiddiqi
    Community Member
    Options

OK.

One other question. If I move my logins over to the Personal vault as you suggested what will happen if I don't renew my 1password membership... Correct me if I'm wrong but I would no longer be able to add logins to the Personal vault rather I would have to add it to my Primary vault?

• @kamranhsiddiqi You would still be able to access everything in your account, but you can't add new items or edit what's already there. We never take away access to your passwords and data. :)

This discussion has been closed.