Where can I download 1Password 6 for Windows? [https://1Password.com/downloads/]

Options
fvanzijl
fvanzijl
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I need to get hold of 1Password on Windows10 urgently, even in Beta. All the links I found are dead and Windows store alpha version is unavailable. This is super urgent as I purchased a new PC (moving from Mac) and I pretty much need access to my 1P families account in order to get it setup.

Thanks
Fanie van Zijl

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 64Bit
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 windows

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fvanzijl: You can always download the latest version of any of the 1Password apps by following the links in the "Get the apps" section of your 1Password Account settings, but here's a directly link to our main downloads page:

1Password downloads

That will give you the newest version, so you don't have to worry about getting an old alpha or beta. I hope this helps! :)

• clintonsbm
    clintonsbm
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I'm having the same issue. The links to 1Password 6 aren't working. I've looked through all the possible links on the website and the blog.

Any help?

• MikeT
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @clintonsbm,

Do you have an anti-malware or security solution that could be blocking your ability to download from our site? That may be the only reason but we do know there are no issues with our downloads considering we're seeing thousands of downloads today alone from the links that @brenty mentioned.

Just to be clear, 1Password 6 for Windows is only available from our site: https://1Password.com/downloads/

It is not available from the Windows Store.

Can you describe in more details what's not working when you click on the download link?

• clintonsbm
    clintonsbm
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I only have the standard Windows Defender, but I don't think it could affect the download. I've tried that link, but still nothing (the other links were taken through the site, like tutorials and references to the official link).

When I click the download button I'm redirected to a page with a DNS error:

("It's not possible to access this site. It wasn't possible to find the DNS address", the message is being showed in portuguese-br)

I'm suspecting that the error comes from my internet provider....

• clintonsbm
    clintonsbm
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed! It was my internet provider's fault! After switching from wifi the download started normally

• MikeT
    Options

That's great, I'm glad you got it figured out and thank you for letting us know. We'll keep this in mind in case other users might see the same issue.

I do recall a case with a Brazilian ISP that didn't route DNS traffic correctly on our domain. Using Google's public DNS servers helped.

• stevehofsaess
    stevehofsaess
    Community Member
    Options

I have been using 1password for a few years on my mac,,
    I have a new windows laptop,, can I still use the same 1password??
    What is the procedure
    steve

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @stevehofsaess,

Thank you for using 1Password! :chuffed:

If you have several devices with different platforms, the best way would be to sign up for 1Password account, migrate your data there, and then use it everywhere.

Your subscription will include all 1Password apps for all platforms (+ web-interface). All future upgrades are also included in your subscription. Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we will be happy to answer them. :) Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.