Opera beta (A.K.A. Opera Next) does not work with code verification

Outsideheaven
Outsideheaven
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

It's not working after updating my Opera.

"11/5/2016 12:00:04 PM Warning 0 Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera Next\42.0.2393.14\opera.exe" from port 3002 and origin chrome-extension://fpnbobholfpcolmkinlokiaaanjilcop, because of untrusted publisher"

I'd appreciate a workaround.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member

on the latest version, I can no longer use autofill in opera next without disabling code verification :( is there another fix for this?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CyberNaruto: I was really confused for a minute there until I remembered that "Opera Next" is what they used to call the beta channel. Glad they changed that! :lol:

While prerelease browsers are not officially supported, we do make an effort to at least not break anything there, and we definitely haven't made changes that should pose a problem for Opera (or Chrome). And while it seems that nothing has happened to prevent 1Password for Mac from validating the beta version of Opera, for some reason the same is not true on Windows. We'll see if there's something we can do, but in the mean time I'm glad you've found a workaround. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member

@brenty not sure if the timeline helps but it seemed to happen between the last 2-3 updates.

• Thanks @CyberNaruto,

We'll see what we can find out!

• Hi @CyberNaruto,

I've tested Opera beta 42.0 a few moments ago and can confirm that it doesn't work anymore. The odd thing is, I know that we haven't supported Opera beta or developer releases in quite a while.

Sorry I can't give you a better solution.

Cheers,
    Alex

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Outsideheaven: I hope you don't mind, but I've merged similar discussions here. Opera beta (and other unsupported browser releases) can only work with code signature verification disabled (Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature) — but please only do this if you are comfortable accepting the risks involved. Better to use a supported stable release.

• Outsideheaven
    Outsideheaven
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Yeah no problem, the weirdest part is it was working just fine on my Opera Next before I installed the latest Opera Next update and it just stopped working. Thanks for the replies!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time. Odder still, it seems that only the Windows Opera beta changed in the regard. We'll look into it, but perhaps this is something that will be addressed in another beta.

This discussion has been closed.