Custom template is showing as garbage on 1Password app in windows

Creation of template online seem fine, however, when trying to use the template in the windows app, it shows all the description fiels as garbled text, as if it was encrypted. This is not very useful huh!?

Subscription business user btw.

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Custom template is showing as garbage on 1Password app in windows

Comments

• djfirefox
    djfirefox
    Community Member

Hey Agile Bits, I am a paying customer can I please get some support! This halting our import as I need to use a custom template!

• MikeT
    edited November 2016

Hi @djfirefox,

Thanks for writing in!

Custom template is a beta feature that's available for 1Password.com Teams but right now, 1Password 6 for Windows does not support custom templates.

What you're seeing are the IDs assigned to each custom field and section. 1Password 6 doesn't know how to translate them into the field name and section. We will implement support for this in a future update but we don't have a timeframe on this.

• djfirefox
    djfirefox
    Community Member

Aaah, that explains a lot, thank you. A bit dissappointing but I can work around that

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@djfirefox: On behalf of Mike you are very welcome! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. Thank you for your patience and for using 1Password 6! :)

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.