1Password mini menu does not register every mouse click

ZuluInternational
ZuluInternational
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I right click on a field in Chrome 54, and often find myself having to click the selected item in 1Password multiple times before it will fill the form. Sometimes it will fill on one click. Sometimes 2 clicks. Sometimes 7 clicks. Doesn't matter the speed I click, or double-click. Sometimes I need to escape out of the 1Password pop-up and re-right click for it to fill the fields.

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393.351
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:Click item multiple times to fill password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ZuluInternational: I'm not seeing this behaviour myself, so I wonder if it's site (or configuration) specific. Can you give some examples? Thanks in advance!

• ZuluInternational
    ZuluInternational
    Community Member

It's random behavior. It's not consistent on every form. I can't find any pattern as to site or type of form. I right click, click on the selected item from the vault, and it's like there's no click action. I have to click elsewhere to get the 1Password popup to go away, right click again, and it will fill on the first click on the vault item.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ZuluInternational: Even a single concrete example may help. I'm simply not seeing this at any sites I visit, but perhaps we don't visit the same ones. If you press Ctrl \ are you able to fill that way?

• ZuluInternational
    ZuluInternational
    Community Member

It most recently happened on MailChimp. I loaded up the site, right clicked and got the vault, and tried to click on the vault item. No response after multiple clicks. I clicked elsewhere to close the 1Password popup, right clicked again, and it worked on the first click. I think Ctrl \ would experience the same behaviour. It's not a problem of getting the vault to appear—it's getting the click on the vault to fill the form. It's not every visit to MailChimp, either.

• ZuluInternational
    ZuluInternational
    Community Member

"Offer to save your web passwords" is unchecked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

@ZuluInternational: Thanks for clarifying! I wonder if you're running into a Chrome bug which causes some clicks to not register. Try disabling Chrome's built in password manager, as that has helped others who encountered this problem. And definitely try Ctrl \. Even if you're not having trouble, it makes 1Password even easier to use. :)

• ZuluInternational
    ZuluInternational
    Community Member

Enable Fill with One Click... and Offer to Save Passwords are now both unchecked. Enable Fill was checked, but Offer to Save Passwords was always unchecked.

Behavior remains. This time: Name.com.

• ZuluInternational
    ZuluInternational
    Community Member

Password and Fill are both unchecked, and the right-click/no-click behavior persists. This time right here on discussions.agilebits.com. Took about 7 clicks for it to register and fill in the form.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ZuluInternational,

The issue you are experiencing, is it all related to the actual 1Password menu that appears once you click the 1Password Browser Extension icon? So every instance where clicking hasn't worked or required several clicks as all been when trying to interact with this menu.

If it is then I would like to move your ticket to ensure those that work closely with the Windows development team see this. They don't routinely check this particular area of the forums because this part is more focussed on if we don't fill the right fields etc. but if I've understood correctly your issue is with the 1Password 6 for Windows User Interface (UI). I say this because the actual extension that lives inside the browser doesn't have any interface beyond the icon and opening up a tab if it cannot connect to 1Password. So the menu is part of the application and it may be we need to ensure the Windows developers are aware of the issue you're experiencing.

• ZuluInternational
    ZuluInternational
    Community Member

Correct, it is the 1Password menu when you click the extension icon.. or Ctrl \ ... it's clicking on the vault menu of items for that domain or Website that is bugged.

• Hi @ZuluInternational,

You're not seeing any issues within the main 1Password program, right? Both 1Password mini and the main program window uses the same window+click handling.

Could you email us your 1Password log file after reproducing the issue, it might tell us what's going on.

1. Wait until the issue happens again with the clicks
    2. Open the main 1Password program and go to Settings on top right to select Generate Diagnostics Report
    3. Attach the report to an email at support+windows@agilebits.com, also include your forum username and the link to this thread in the body before sending it to us.

Let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.