cannot find 'preferences' anymore on installation of 1pw on new machine

i installed 1pw on a new machine. Looks totally different from other installs. Installed version 6.2.1.96. Version 4.6.1.616 is installed on othermachines. This new look and feel does not look very friendly. How do i get to 'preferences'?

1Password Version: 6.2.1.96
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot find 'preferences' anymore on installation of 1pw on new machine

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hjhermans: I'm sorry for the confusion! The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app follows the Windows convention of "Settings" rather than "Preferences", which you can access from the "gear" icon in the upper right corner of the main 1Password app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• hjhermans
    hjhermans
    Community Member

Yes, i gathered that much. However, V4 allows me to set a key (i use F12) whereas it looks that now V6 mandates a Cntr + Alt + something. Is there a user manual for this version? Can I uninstall and go back to V4 as i think it is a lot easier and is documented.?

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @hjhermans,

However, V4 allows me to set a key (i use F12) whereas it looks that now V6 mandates a Cntr + Alt + something

Sorry for the trouble with this. 1Password 6 does use a different keyboard shortcut to access settings, and I'll make sure we improve the documentation to avoid this confusion.

Is there a user manual for this version?

A good place to get started with 1Password 6 is here. We don't have a user guide for 1Password 6, but we have documented many of its features and abilities. But, if there's a particular topic or issue you struggled with, please let me know and I'll see how I can improve the documentation to clear things up a bit more.

Can I uninstall and go back to V4

Of course! You can uninstall 1Password 6 from your PC's Control Panel, and download 1Password 4 from here.

Thanks again for getting back to us! Please let me know if there's anything else I can clear up.

This discussion has been closed.