UI elements missing, and labels are editable (1password 6.1.296)

Options

Hi

The item's edit view UI seems to be broken, and missing elements in Windows 10 Home edition.

1. For some reason I can replace the field labels with my own text, such as "password", or "username".
  2. Relevant icons/functions appear to be missing, which are visible on the OSX version of the application. For example the controls for setting up two-factor authentication are missing.

https://dropbox.com/s/u8mifxg958zsymo/1password-windows-10-missing-ui-elements.png

Please see the attachment included. Username and password fields were blurred out by me.

1Password Version: 6.1.296
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @javalim, thanks for getting back to us with your feedback :).

For some reason I can replace the field labels with my own text, such as "password", or "username".

I'm sorry about the confusion here. You're right, and this is a bug. The username and password labels do allow you to edit the text, but we always reset the value of those labels to username and password. This an issue that we're aware of, and something we'll fix. As for being able to edit field labels for your items, this is a feature that can allow you to further customize how your data is presented to you, but if it's something that doesn't fit your needs, you can leave the default labels on your fields.

the controls for setting up two-factor authentication are missing.

Setting up a new one-time-password for two factor authentication is not yet supported in the Windows app. This is a feature we want to add in the future and I'll make sure it isn't forgotten as we continue to make improvements to 1Password 6.

Relevant icons/functions appear to be missing, which are visible on the OSX version of the application

Can you tell me more about some of the icons and features you expect to see in the Windows app? Was there something specific you expected to see, but couldn't find in 1Password 6?

Thank you for the taking the time to message us, and including an attachment in your message; it really helped speed things up. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with or somethings still unclear.

• javalim
    javalim
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thank you for the clarification mohamedosman. Looking forward to getting the full 2FA-feature on Windows as well.
    Mainly the 2FA settings were missing on Windows UI.

Another issue about the UI (macOS this time) is the potentially hazardous button in the edit view, please see screenshot below:
    https://dropbox.com/s/y9n1e7yiqlp0f5o/1password-hazardous-button.png

If I accidentially click the button (circled in red), while in edit-mode of an item, I immediately get new password, and the old password saved for the item is gone for good? At least I could not find an undo/revert function for it anywhere.

• What if this accident happens while I'm logged out of the service this password was for.
    • What if the password was not for a service, but a local password - without a way to recover/change the password?

Maybe there's a way to recover from such accidents in the 1Password app, which I didn't figure out yet?

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @javalim

If I accidentially click the button (circled in red), while in edit-mode of an item, I immediately get new password, and the old password saved for the item is gone for good? At least I could not find an undo/revert function for it anywhere.

I totally see what you're saying here and that can be very scary. One thing 1Password for Mac and 1Password 6 do is let you see all the previously used passwords related to an item:

That way, if you accidentally change a password, you will have the opportunity to change it back to an old one!

This discussion has been closed.