Thack
Thack
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, fully updated.
Opera beta 42.0.2393.27
1Password 4.6.1.616
1Password extension in Opera 4.6.1.90

When clicking the 1Password icon on the Opera command bar, it reports it is unable to find the 1Password Helper.

I have fully uninstalled 1Password and reinstalled it. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Opera plug-in. Same fault.

On this machine, 1Password is working perfectly with Chrome, Firefox and Vivaldi. Only Opera reports a problem with the Helper.

My Sony Vaio hybrid is reporting exactly the same problem, so I believe this is not a problem with my particular system.

If there is any other information you require, please let me know.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Thack, sorry for the trouble here.

Do you have any other extensions installed in Opera that could possibly be interfering with the 1Password extension? Some anti-virus and ad blocking extensions may block 1Password's ability to connect to your browser.

• MikeT
    edited November 2016

Hi @thack,

Opera Beta appears to have changed their code signature and so, 1Password is rejecting the extension in Opera Beta as part of its security checks. If you really want to use Opera Beta, you can disable the security check in 1Password via the Help Menu > Advanced. We do not recommend this and we cannot support unstable versions of the web browsers.

For now, you can also downgrade to the stable version of Opera and we'll see if we can whitelist Opera Beta in a future update to 1Password 4 for Windows.

ref: OPW-596

• Thack
    Thack
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

Thanks for the replies, chaps.

Disabling the security check did the trick.

I don't think I need the beta version of Opera, so I'll switch over to the release version and stay with that from now on so I can keep the security check working.

Excellent support! Thank you again. :)

• On behalf of the team here, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.