BHO for Windows Firefox?

Options

I'm using Firefox on Windows 7. Firefox keeps wanting a BHO for 1P, but says it can't find it. The recommended fixes don't seem to work. 1P works fine on Mac Yosemite. What do I have do to get a BHO for Firefox on Windows?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.5 (635001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Firefox on Windows keeps telling me it wants an HBO, but can't find it. How do I get the HBO?

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Ancient_Celt, sorry for the trouble you're having here!

It's still not clear to me what exactly FireFox is searching for. Could you please take a screenshot and attach it in your next reply on this thread. It'll better help me better understand the trouble you're having.

• Ancient_Celt
    Ancient_Celt
    Community Member
    Options

I would be glad to, sir. My first post on this issue said it was an HBO (too much movie watching!). Thanks for not mentioning that. Since It was on my Windows laptop I'll have to get it from there. I'll be back to you as soon as possible.

• Hi @Ancient_Celt,

When you said BHO, are you talking about 1Password Helper?

If yes, it sounds like your anti-malware solution may be interfering with 1Password here. Can you tell us what solution you're using and/or if you're using a VPN, proxy, or firewall?

• Ancient_Celt
    Ancient_Celt
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I'm using Win 8.1 w/ firewall, and am attempting to add 1P to the apps which are allowed to communicate through the firewall. I told mohamedosman that I was using Win 7, but that was incorrect. (I have one laptop running Win 7 and another running 8.1) As you can see, he asked me for a screen shot, but I haven't been successful in getting it to him. I've tried adding 1P to the list of apps permitted through the firewall, but the function sends me off looking fruitlessly for the 1P app. Do I need to download the Windows version of 1P to the laptops? Both Safari and Firefox show the 1P icon, but they only take me back to the problem I asked about before. I would go back and start anew with 1P, but I'm afraid I would lose all the logins and passwords I have now. It's bad enough that my Mac apps have returned to constantly demanding me to enter passwords. This is probably the wrong forum for all of this, so if you good folks want to kick me out, I understand, but just please send me to a place for the hopelessly lost and confused. Thanks for your patience.

• Hi @Ancient_Celt,

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, it should give us more information on what's going on, it might not be the firewall causing this issue.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Ancient_Celt
    Ancient_Celt
    Community Member
    Options

Sent on 13 NOV 16 at 2100

• Hi @Ancient_Celt,

Thanks for sending in the report. We're going to go over it and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Alex

ref: KDI-86374-276

• Ancient_Celt
    Ancient_Celt
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hello Alex,

I received your email asking about loading the browser extension and interference from anti-malware and firewall software. I didn't think to install the app before the browser extension. So it does pay to follow instructions. And, yes, there was an issue with both a firewall and anti-malware software (iObit stuff). I canned the stand alone anti-malware and disabled the firewall, then went back to using the Windows 8.1 Defender and Firewall. I set them so they wouldn't impede 1P, and Firefox seems to be happy. I'm no longer lost in the woods. Thanks for the successfull rescue & recovery effort.

You definitely deserve your beard.

Best regards,

Pat

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Alex, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well after installing the app and sorting out the 3rd party software issues. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.