1Password Helper Cannont be found & Screen Goes Black With 1Password Login Window

Buzz69
Buzz69
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

I have had random issues where the 1Password Helper cannot be found for the past few weeks. The steps I have tried are:

• restart 1Password helper
  • uninstall/reinstall 1Password Firefox add-on

Now anytime I login to my vault with the add-on or desktop app the screen goes black with only the 1Password login visible.

I have emailed a diagnostics report to support+windows@agilebits.com

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2016

Hi @Buzz69,

Thanks for writing in and we got the diagnostics report.

The dark screen, which is likely your Windows' desktop color, you've mentioned is normal for the Secure Desktop process and the log does show that you have it enabled. What you're seeing is 1Password unlock dialog on top of an isolated desktop that doesn't permit anything else to run on that specific desktop. If you don't want this, you can turn it off. Here's how:

1. Open the main 1Password program and unlock with your master password
    2. Go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers, uncheck the option for Unlock on Secure Desktop, and press OK

After that, you should not see any more of dark screen when you open 1Password.

Now, for the 1Password Helper issue, there's not enough archived logs to see why it happened. How often do you see it since you said it has happened randomly? Did it happen more often when you start up or wake up the computer or does it happen out of nowhere while you're using the computer?

ref: AVM-46461-479

• Buzz69
    Buzz69
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

I must have checked the secure desktop when I reinstalled the add-on, thanks for the tip!

The Helper issue occurs at fresh boot, restart, and out of nowhere when my vault locks after 10 minutes.

Thanks again.

• Hi @Buzz69,

Could you reproduce the issue and then generate a diagnostics report after that? It might have the information to explain what's going on. It'd also help if you reply to the last email you sent and attach the report in there.

Let me know when you've sent the new report.

Thanks!

• Buzz69
    Buzz69
    Community Member

@MikeT I will generate and email a diagnostics report the next time it occurs.

Thanks

• Great, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.