"Too many requests" appears in PC version of 1Password 6

1 Password 6 on my PC had not been syncing with my Family account. I can log in to the family account on all other devices and on the web. Trying to sign in with the same credentials on my PC is failing with the "Too many requests. You have been temporarily limited...." Message. I uninstalled and reinstalled on my PC and still getting that message. Now have no 1 password data on my PC

1Password Version: 6.
Extension Version: 1.296d
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can login to my family account on the web, iphone, but I can't connect to 1 Password 6 on my PC

Comments

• Hi @rblacksberg,

Thanks for writing in. Did you recently change your 1Password.com plan or change anything related to your 1Password.com account like email address, account key, or the URL?

Just to be clear, you can sign in to the same account on the 1Password.com web app on the same PC, right?

Please let me know.

• rblacksberg
    rblacksberg
    Community Member

Thanks, MikeT. Yes, I could log in to the same account using the 1password.com web app.

• Hi @rblacksberg,

That suggests the rate-limit notice is a red herring and something else is going on internally in the app.

Could you email us your 1Password diagnostics report and we'll see what it could be. Here's how:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windows@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• rblacksberg
    rblacksberg
    Community Member

I have sent that email to support+windows@agilebits.com
    Bob Blacksberg

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @rblacksberg. I've found the email with your logs and will continue the conversation there.

• rblacksberg
    rblacksberg
    Community Member

Good. I look forward to help resolving this. If a telephone conference later this afternoon might help, I would be happy to.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@rblacksberg I've replied to your email with some steps to get back in sync. Based on diagnostic report you sent in, it looked like we needed to refresh your account credentials.

But, If we need to have a chat over the phone, we definitely arrange for that via email :).

This discussion has been closed.