Windows-Firefox 49.02-looking for the 1Password Helper

Options

When I open Firefox (start a new session) and then click on the 1Password extension icon I always get a message that 1Password is "looking for the 1Password Helper". This message always opens in a second tab. I have to close the second tab and click on the first tab again, and then click on the 1Password extension icon to get the login information (or whatever I am wanting from 1Password) to be inserted. I saw other posts with this problem, but didn't find a solution posted.
Thanks in advance.
ellen

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @ellen_colo,

Thank you for taking time to post here! I am sorry you bumped into issues with 1Password extension.

Could you please tell me, do you have any antivirus software installed on your Windows PC? It might interfere in the communication between 1Password and its browser extension.

Also, please try to use 1Password browser extension in a different browser. Does the issue remain? Please let me know.

Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• ellen_colo
    ellen_colo
    Community Member
    Options

HI Greg,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have ESET Smart Security installed, and that has always been the case. This is a fairly recent change with Firefox, though. Could they be related anyway?
    I also tried using the 1Password extension in Internet Explorer without any difficulty. That leads me to think that it's Firefox. What do you suggest I do now?
    Thanks again,
    ellen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ellen_colo: Ah, thank you. I know that ESET can interfere with Firefox extensions. Please follow the steps in this guide to configure it to allow 1Password to work:

Configure ESET for 1Password

1Password uses a completely different method to integrate with Internet Explorer, so it makes sense that it would not be affected there. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• ellen_colo
    ellen_colo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi brenty,
    Just wanted to let you know that the link you posted to set up ESET with Firefox extensions worked. I no longer see the message about the 1Password Helper when I open Firefox. Thanks so much for your help.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ellen_colo: On behalf of Brenty you are very welcome! We are happy when you are happy. :) Please contact us anytime if there is anything we can help you with. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.