Windows 10 Chrome Plugin Broken with Build 6.1.296d

I started up 1Password on my wife's Windows 10 computer (1607 14393.447) and it suggested that we install an update. She's using Chrome (54.0.2840.99 m). Now, when I try to click on the 1Password extension (4.6.2.90) and select any site, I get the following screen:

Your file was not found.

It may have been moved or deleted.

ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND.

The URL shows: chrome-extension://jkgjkghkjgjgjgb/amazon.com

It's not actually Amazon, but none of the sites in my list work. This was all working prior to the update. And I can still use the standalone 1Password app to launch the site. After a site is loaded in the browser, the 1Password plugin can put in the user name and password. But the plugin doesn't seem able to navigate to a website anymore.

What I've tried to fix this issue:

• uninstall 1Password plugin
  • reboot computer
  • upgrade Chrome browser

Nothing has worked. This seems to be a core bug in 1Password for Windows.

1Password Version: 6.1.296
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1607 14393.447
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:plugin doesn't work

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @SomeMacGuy, sorry for the trouble here!

I'd love to have a diagnostic report so that we can better understand what may be causing this issue. Can you first try to recreate the issue by clicking the 1Password extension, then follow the steps listed here to generate a diagnostic report.

Once you've generated a diagnostic report, please send it to support+windows@agilebits.com, and do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the message and ensure that it is dealt with quickly.

• SomeMacGuy
    SomeMacGuy
    Community Member

Sorry, I didn't receive a notification email indicating there was a response to my message. I'll generate a diagnostics report as soon as I get home tonight. Thanks for the prompt response.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

No worries @SomeMacGuy, drop me a line here as soon as you send it and I'll try to track it down.

• SomeMacGuy
    SomeMacGuy
    Community Member

I submitted the diagnostics report. The support ID is [#PZF-12217-939].

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @SomeMacGuy, I've got the ticket! We'll continue the conversation there.

This discussion has been closed.