New items not syncing across devices?

A new 1password user here. I successfully imported a LastPass file to 1password recently to start my trial, and all items appeared across all devices. Since then, I've added a couple new sites on my home PC. Those new sites appear in the desktop helper at home, but not on any of my iOS devices or in the helper on my work PC. I thought synchronization happened automatically - is there something else I need to do? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mercat68, sorry for the trouble here! What sync solution are you using?

If you're using Dropbox, you must have the Dropbox app opened and syncing. Can you see the Dropbox app in your system tray?

• mercat68
    mercat68
    Community Member

Thanks. I have Dropbox, but am not using it. My understanding from your support page is that all I need to do is "Sign in to your account on any device, and all your passwords and items will be there." That's from:

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

I assumed, based on this, that all my devices would share the same data from the cloud as long as I'm signed in. No?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mercat68: Indeed, if you're using the 1Password.com subscription service, you simply login to your 1Password Account on each device to access your data.

If you're not using the subscription service, however, you'll need to configure Dropbox to sync your 1Password data on each device:

Dropbox sync setup

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mercat68
    mercat68
    Community Member

So, the 30-day trial does not provide all the features of a subscription?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mercat68: If you sign up for a free trial of the subscription service, it includes all of the features of a full subscription:

1Password.com sign up

If you're using the standalone app though, you'll have 30 days to evaluate the app itself, separate from the service.

• mercat68
    mercat68
    Community Member

Now I'm confused. The "billing" tab of my account says "You are trialing the Standard Plan." Is that not a free trial of the subscription service? And I don't know what you mean by the distinction you're drawing between the standalone app and the subscription service?

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mercat68

The "billing" tab of my account says "You are trialing the Standard Plan." Is that not a free trial of the subscription service?

Yup, that means you're using a free trial of 1Password's service.

And I don't know what you mean by the distinction you're drawing between the standalone app and the subscription service?

Sorry about that, I'll to clear things up. We continue to sell the 1Password apps without a subscription plan which you can purchase as a standalone license. To continue using 1Password apps after the 30 day trial period, you will need to purchase a standalone license or have an active subscription with 1Password.com.

• mercat68
    mercat68
    Community Member

Sorry, I'm really not trying to be a pain about this, but your answer to the first question doesn't make things any clearer. Let me ask a different way:

Is the "Standard Plan" I'm trialing the same as a "free trial of the subscription service" that @brenty mentioned? (yes/no)

If the answer is "yes," does that mean my accounts should automatically sync across devices?

If the answer is "no," what plan gives me automatic sync? Will the $2.99/month plan give me that feature?

Thanks.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mercat68, no worries! Let me give it another shot:

Is the "Standard Plan" I'm trialing the same as a "free trial of the subscription service" that brenty mentioned? (yes/no)

Yes

If the answer is "yes," does that mean my accounts should automatically sync across devices?

Yes, as long as you sign into those devices with your 1Password account, you'll be able to sync automatically.

If the answer is "no," what plan gives me automatic sync? Will the $2.99/month plan give me that feature?

Every plan (Family/Individual) includes automatic syncing

• mercat68
    mercat68
    Community Member

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Mohamed, you are most welcome! Don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.