Link Account to multiple Objects

Is it possible to link one Account/Credential to multiple Applications.
The Need is: I'm using my Active Directory Account for logging into multiple internal Applications, but all of them are using different Fieldnames internally.
So I would like to maintain one Credential-Object which is used for several Application-Objects where the correct Fields are linked to Username and Password of the Credential-Object.

Doing so, I would additionally have an perfect overview of the Applications which are using a specific credential.

1Password Version: 6.4.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Markus_H: It isn't possible to link items. It's something that would be really cool to do, but — as you pointed out — when very different login forms are involved, it's actually really helpful to have a separate one for each, so that 1Password can fill them more accurately. One thing that may help is tags. You could tag each of these items with a specific word, and then when you focus the search field in the app, press Alt ↓ and select that tag to quickly display all of them. ;I hope this helps! :)

• Markus_H
    Markus_H
    Community Member

Exactly in the case of "when very different login forms are involved, it's actually really helpful to have a separate one for each, so that 1Password can fill them more accurately" the linked account would be very helpful.
    Hopefully, this will be a feature in the future.

• Hi @Markus_H,

Just to make sure we're on the same page, you are using the Auto-Type feature, right? You can add multiple apps as multiple URLs to the same Login item and 1Password can just type in the username, tab, password and then enter key optionally if auto-submit is turned on for the item.

This discussion has been closed.