1password.com online and browser plugin

Options
adsmall
adsmall
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I recently moved over to 1password.com and use a 1password account to sync. That is, I no longer use Dropbox to sync. Do the browser plug ins still work if the passwords are no longer stored locally (Dropbox) and I no longer have the 1Password software on my PC? I'm using Firefox and when I click the little 1password browser extension, a new tab opens and it briefly says "Looking for the 1password helper". Then I get a "Problem loading page" which says: Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (onepassword4-extension) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context. You might need to install other software to open this address. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in, same problem.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password.com and browser extension

Comments

• Hi @adsmall,

Thanks for writing in.

Do the browser plug ins still work if the passwords are no longer stored locally (Dropbox) and I no longer have the 1Password software on my PC?

At the moment, you still need to have the main 1Password program installed.

We would love to have a self-contained 1Password extension that uses the 1Password.com backend where the main 1Password program won't be required but we don't know when it will happen.

This discussion has been closed.