Confused between 1Password6 and 4

Hi everyone,

decided to try out 1Password to see how it compare to LastPass and if it is worth a shift. I am confused about version 6 and 4. the Pictures you see around 1password.com is that from version 4 because they look different than the version 6 client i have installed??

Another thing is when adding a login, is there no way to update the icon? also i gave it a tag of "personal" and on one of the pictures on the website the tags are nicely colored, which i do not see in the version 6 client?

Hoping someone can help me out here because i really want to understand 1Password but clearly i dont :(

1Password Version: 1Password 6.1.296d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Rippie,

Thanks for writing in. We do apologize about the confusion, we're in a middle of a major transition because of our 1Password.com service that we launched a year ago and we're trying to build one Windows app that handles the needs of both 1Password.com service and the standalone local vault customers. This is taking longer than usual and because of the dual 1Password apps on Windows, it is causing confusion.

1Password 6 is a very young app that we're building up but it is not a complete app yet. 1Password 4 is a mature stable app that's been around since 2010 and we're doing a brand new codebase with 1Password 6 that is designed with 1Password.com service in mind first because 1Password 4 doesn't support it and we didn't find a good way to make it work with the same codebase.

Another thing is when adding a login, is there no way to update the icon?

Not yet in 1Password 6, Rich and Custom icons are not implemented. Due to a lot of requests, this is near the top of our list to implement soon. You can see it on 1Password.com web app using Chrome/Firefox if you'd like for the moment.

1Password 4 does support them.

lso I gave it a tag of "personal" and on one of the pictures on the website the tags are nicely colored

I'm not sure which picture you're referring to, we don't use colored tags unless you mean the blue bubbles? It is something we'd like to add to 1Password 6 in the future, we're just starting out with simple textual tags and will make it pretty over time.

This discussion has been closed.