Recurring problem with UI jumping to top of Items list

Options

I've noticed since a couple of updates ago that when I'm in the UI and have made changes to one of the Items, or created a New Item, as soon as I'm done the curser jumps up to the very first item in the list. It happens with every Item that's being created or edited and it's becoming really annoying, especially when I am working on an Item that's lower in the alphabet. I have to scroll all the way back down from the top of the list to where I was working to make the next edit.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: ShareFile

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KrispyN00dles: I'm not seeing this behavior, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're describing. Can you give me the exact steps you're taking to reproduce this issue? Thanks in advance!

• KrispyN00dles
    KrispyN00dles
    Community Member
    Options

I've been creating a lot of new "items". In some cases I'm making duplicates for existing Items (Account Logins) to make the process quicker.

Regardless of whether I've made a duplicate or new Item, I'll go in and change/create the user name, password, and URL and as soon as I'm done making those changes, click OK and click anywhere else within that Item window, that Item closes automatically and jumps to the very first Item in the main Item list (the window that lists all the logins, etc). If I'm working on an Item in let's say the M's, it jumps all the way to the top of the main list. If I want to make more changes to the item I was just working on, I have to scroll all the way back down to that Item (login) in the list. It does this every time I'm working in a log-in or anything else. It started either after the last or 2nd last update.

• KrispyN00dles
    KrispyN00dles
    Community Member
    Options

It's also jumping back up to the top of the list when I'm just scrolling down to navigate to another log-in Item.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's also jumping back up to the top of the list when I'm just scrolling down to navigate to another log-in Item.

@KrispyN00dles: That's really weird. We definitely haven't made any changes to the the item list or details recently. And frankly this sounds like keyboard input. For example, I can reproduce this behaviour...but only by pressing Home on the keyboard, which takes me to the top of the list. 1Password simply doesn't trigger any keyboard input itself, so it sounds like another app or system service — or perhaps an actual input device — is doing this. I had an old keyboard once that had a mind of its own.

I'll go in and change/create the user name, password, and URL and as soon as I'm done making those changes, click OK and click anywhere else within that Item window, that Item closes automatically and jumps to the very first Item in the main Item list (the window that lists all the logins, etc).

I wonder if this may be a clue though. It almost sounds like if you don't click anything in the 1Password window, the item selection doesn't change — as if 1Password does not have focus, and then does once you click. Is that true? What accessibility features or other software do you have running that might be interacting on your behalf? Since you're using Windows 10, it's pretty easy to check Task Manager (Ctrl Shift Esc) to see what's running. I'd be looking for input managers — perhaps from peripherals you're using. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.