1Password6 app shows password multiple times

Options

In the full app view. Some sites list the password field multiple times. The first one is usually the oldest password that was used on that site and newer ones are listed after it.

Ex.
username | foo@bar.com
password | ······
password | ······
website | http://foo.com

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkh: Are you seeing the same thing in the item when you login to 1Password.com? I wonder if this is a custom field you're seeing. If not, which "version" of the password is displayed there? Not the actually password, mind you. But rather the "new" one or the "old" one. Let me know what you find!

• Hi @wkh,

Were these items imported into 1Password 6? We had an import bug from an early beta build that had this duplicate issue.

• wkh
    wkh
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Yes, most were imported back in September, but I have since updated the passwords on the mac app, which does not have the problem of showing dupe fields.

@brenty The password field is shown twice, it is not a custom field. They are old passwords and the current password.

• Hi @wkh,

The nature of this specific bug would only make the issue visible in the Windows version, meaning you may not see the duplicated field in any other 1Password apps.

Considering that we've shipped the first stable version in October, it sounds like your database has the import bug.

There are two ways to fix this:

1. Wait for us to implement the full item editor, this will let you delete these duplicated fields manually. We don't have a timeframe but it is near the top of our list to implement soon.
    2. Reimport the data in a separate vault in your 1Password.com account, manually update them to include the recent changes and copy them over to the vault you want, and then delete the older copy in that vault. Once you're done, you can then delete the new imported vault.
  • wkh
    wkh
    Community Member
    Options

OK. I'll try out option #2, and eagerly wait for option #1 since the windows app leaves much to be desired after using the OSX app. Thanks!

• @wkh,

That sounds good. We are working as fast as we can to get the Windows app on the same level as macOS.

This discussion has been closed.