Can't see the item counts in the sidebar due to a long tag name [Confirmed, will fix]

Options
chundc
chundc
Community Member
edited November 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Good morning from Germany,
on my Windows Desktop I can't see the amount of items on the left window (categories). Only a part of the first digit from a three digit-number is slightly visible.

Best Regards,
Chris

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Win10, Ver. 1607 Build 14393.447
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @chundc,

Thanks for writing in.

Is it blocked by a scrollbar or is the width of the sidebar too narrow?

What happens if you change to a different vault using the vault selector on top left, does it fix the issue?

Can you take a screenshot of the left sidebar to show it to us? You can click on the file icon in the reply box here to upload a screenshot.

• chundc
    chundc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    please find attached a screenshot.

Best Regards,
    Chris

• Hi @chundc,

Thanks for the screenshot, that's definitely a UI glitch. This is what it should look like:

Can you tell me what happens if you click on the All Vaults on top left to select Personal vault, does it repair itself?

Also, can you resize the app to be much wider, does it appear to fix itself?

• chundc
    chundc
    Community Member
    Options

Can you tell me what happens if you click on the All Vaults on top left to select Personal vault, does it repair itself?
    Answer: NO

Also, can you resize the app to be much wider, does it appear to fix itself?
    Answer: NO

• Hi @chundc,

Do you use any customization programs on your PC that changes how Windows or apps look?

• chundc
    chundc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    I am using normal apps, nothing special.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chundc: Interesting. From the screenshots that you and Mike posted, it looks like you may have different display settings. I wonder if there's a bad interaction there that we need to accommodate better.

In Windows Settings > System > Display, what percentage do you have the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" set to?

In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display, what do you have for "set a custom scaling level" and "Change only the text size"?

Thanks for your patience and willingness to work with us to figure this out!

• chundc
    chundc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,
    125%.
    Please find attached a screenshot from my Mac. There is one difference on my Mac. I'm able to change the window size of the left window. That's not possible on my Windows.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chundc: Correct. The sidebar of the main 1Password window in the new app do not yet support resizing, but that's something we'll be adding in a future update.

I tried this on two different Windows machines using both Control Panel's scaling options ("custom") and Display in Windows Settings, but wasn't able to reproduce the odd test issue. Besides the 125%, do you have a separate setting for text size? Are you using a multiple monitor setup?

• chundc
    chundc
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Brenty,
    to your questions:
    1. do you have a separate setting for text size? NO
    2. Are you using a multiple monitor setup? NO

I tried to attach a record when I start 1Password. I get the error message "File is not allowed". It is a zipped mp4 file with 944kB. On the video you could see, that the numbers appear for a split second.

This happens on both of my PC's.

• chundc
    chundc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,
    please rename the extension of the attached file to zip. Unzip it and if you are using VLC, you can see it better in slow motion by pushing + or - on your keyboard.

• Hi @chundc,

Thanks for the file. I think I know why it is doing that. Can you scroll down the left sidebar, can you tell me if you have a long tag that exceeds the width of the sidebar? We do have a bug where if you have a tag that's extremely long, it can push the item counts out of sight.

• chundc
    chundc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    you are right.
    As you see in the attached screenshot there is a long tag. But how ca I reduce it?

• chundc
    chundc
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I forgot the screenshot.

• Hi @chundc,

Is that a tag you've added? It is an unusual tag.

If you have a Mac, you can right-click on the tag to rename it. If not, click on the tag to find the items with that tag, edit these items to rename the tag and that should fix it once you've saved the last item with the tag.

We do plan to let you edit tags on the sidebar in a future update to 1Password 6 for Windows.

• chundc
    chundc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    solved. Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,
    Chris

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Mike, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• That's great to hear.

Just to clarify, we will improve this by doing the following:

1. Fix the UI glitch with the left sidebar not sticking to its width boundary due to a long tag or category name
    2. Allow the sidebar to be resizable and make it persistent across restarts.
    3. Support tag editing on the sidebar
This discussion has been closed.