some login has not only user and password, after follow signs.how to enter with return.

JKonrad
JKonrad
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

some login has not only user and password, after follow signs.how to enter with return.

1Password Version: 1P6.1.296d
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Win 7 64bit
Sync Type: no

Comments

• JKonrad
    JKonrad
    Community Member

you know thinkorswim.com how to login this?

1Password Version: 1P6.1.296d
    Extension Version: 4.6.2
    OS Version: Win 7 64bit
    Sync Type: no

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JKonrad: I'm sorry for the trouble, but I'm not sure I understand. Can you give an example? Knowing a specific URL where you're having trouble may help. Thanks in advance! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JKonrad: I think you may have partially answered my question above by opening a separate discussion. To avoid further confusion, I've merged your posts here.

However, I don't see a login form at thinkorswim.com. Can you give me the exact URL, and the exact steps you're taking when you're running into trouble? Thanks! :)

• JKonrad
    JKonrad
    Community Member

Excuse me, thinkswim is a program that is installed on a computer. Do not call on the web!
    You must first authorize yourself in a logon routine. The call is then made with click, then a user name and password are required in a form, then press Enter and the program starts. How do you automate this with 1P6? Do you understand me? This is Google-Translater.

Another example would be the login to the TraderWorkStation (by InteractiveBrokers).
    First call a program on the PC (after previous logon with authorization and so ...) then enter NAME and Password Enter, then enter from a paper card 2 from 224 specified three-digit characters and enter .... finished.

The other question would be:
    Log in to a bank, first NAME after password then Enter, then enter 2 from 8 defined characters which are entered and enter with Enter. Is something like this provided with 1P6?
    Thank you for your effort and excuse the german english barriere.

• JKonrad
    JKonrad
    Community Member

And another variant:
    Login to a bank, there you click on login and comes to another website of this bank (directly to this page is not 1P6) with the input fields Name Password Enter would be done.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016

@JKonrad: Ah, thank you for explaining that! The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app cannot fill login credentials into 3rd party apps. Instead, you can press Ctrl Alt \ to bring up 1Password mini, search for the login, and then right-click to copy and paste the username or password.

It also isn't possible for 1Password to automate choosing certain characters from a password. but you can use the Large Type option in the main 1Password app to help you find what you need:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Hi @JKonrad,

Thanks for the images! 1Password 6 does not have Auto-Type yet, so it cannot fill into third party programs like thinkorswin or Trader Workstation. For now, you have to copy/paste between the program and 1Password mini like what Brenty've mentioned.

For Sparda, enter your code and then submit, 1Password should prompt to auto-save the data for you. I did this and 1Password did fill it next time when I press Control + \.

• JKonrad
    JKonrad
    Community Member

Ok so far thank you.
    Can my Win7-PC over WLAN another WIN7-PC and an IPad sync and sync an iPhone, how to adjust the one, there are videos.
    Thank you and nice Sunday

• Hi @JKonrad,

Are you using our 1Password.com subscription? If yes, all you have to do is sign into your 1Password.com account in each 1Password app and the app will take care of the sync for you.

If you're not using 1Password.com, you might want to consider switching to 1Password 4 for Windows with local vault support instead, which would also support Auto-Type. With 1Password 4, you can use your own local sync tool like Resilio Sync and then use one PC to act as a Wi-Fi server for your iOS devices.

This discussion has been closed.