Pending Changes

mrjamesmoore
mrjamesmoore
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I see the new Pending Changes section but the items don't appear to be syncing. I'm using 6.1.308

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mrjamesmoore: Have you made changes to your 1Password Account? It may be that the credentials you have saved are no longer valid. Whatever you do, do not logout of your account. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• mrjamesmoore
    mrjamesmoore
    Community Member

Yes I made an Account change (email address) about 2 months ago. I noticed after the change it wasn't syncing. So I re-installed 1P and that fixed is. But since this new update it's back to not syncing again?

By the way a manual Sync button (perhaps next to the Pending changes area) would be helpful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mrjamesmoore: I'm sorry. That's just not acceptable, and we'd very much like to get to the bottom of this. Reinstalling the app won't change your data or account settings, and even if it did that shouldn't be necessary. A manual sync won't work if it cannot connect for some reason. Are you able to login to 1Password.com successfully?

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then generate diagnostic information and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

1. Open the main 1Password app
    2. In the Search box, type /log and press Enter
    3. Save the log and attach it to a new email to support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track it down. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• mrjamesmoore
    mrjamesmoore
    Community Member

I just restarted by PC and......it's working now! :)

Did you still want the log? There appears to be some sort of issue as you shouldn't have to restart your PC to sync. Unless I need to restart after a new version has been installed?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mrjamesmoore: Thanks for letting me know! The restart won't affect the app (and isn't necessary after an update), but I suggested it incase there was a networking issue. It sounds like that did the trick. The logs won't help in that case, but if you encounter this problem again (pending, not syncing), please send them immediately so we can investigate. You're probably all set now, but we're here if you need us. :)

• Hi @mrjamesmoore,

Please send us your 1Password logs from Windows' Event Viewer, it should contain the logs from the previous sessions up to a certain size limit. Here's how:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

Also, can you confirm that nothing is in Pending Changes as well?

• mrjamesmoore
    mrjamesmoore
    Community Member

Just sent you guys the email. The Pending changes is empty again. I've also tested it my adding new items and editing existing ones and the changes are sync'd correctly :)

• Hi James,

Thanks, we got the email and will reply soon.

ref: SBS-75482-287

• KAVSTAR
    KAVSTAR
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. Would you like me to follow the same steps outlined above?

• Hi @KAVSTAR,

Is this also happening with the latest 6.2.328d beta update?

Yes, please do email us the diagnostics report. It would also help to know if you can reproduce it in the latest beta update if you're not running it yet.

• KAVSTAR
    KAVSTAR
    Community Member

Email has been sent and the version that I am running is 6.1.308d

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KAVSTAR: Thanks for sending that! We'll take a look and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: ZLW-19846-234

• gdsdev
    gdsdev
    Community Member

Same issue here. Is there a way to sync the changes manually?

• Hi @gdsdev,

Thanks for writing in. It is most likely your changes have been rejected by the server, rather than 1Password not syncing it. The current beta version has already split Pending Changes into Offline Changes and Sync Errors to help make this a bit clearer and we've added more workarounds for the network issues to help with the offline changes.

Are you using the latest 1Password 6.2.328d beta build yet? If not, can you give it a try and let me know if works better. You can enable it via the Settings > Options > Updates > Enable Beta Updates.

If it doesn't work, please send in your 1Password diagnostics, so we can see why it is being rejected. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• gdsdev
    gdsdev
    Community Member

Hello @MikeT
    Thanks for your reply.

I installed the beta as suggested. It didn't fix it.
    I just sent you the logs.

Hope you can fix this.

• KAVSTAR
    KAVSTAR
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Also please keep in mind I have a family account not sure if this is part of the issue but just communicating this detail.

I have not downloaded the beta version, is this still required?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KAVSTAR: Yep! 1Password Families, Teams, and individual accounts are all using the same server setup. The beta isn't required, but it may help resolve the issue, and we'd appreciate any feedback on it as well so we can improve things if your issue is slightly different.

@gdsdev: I'm not seeing any emails from this address, so be sure to post your Support ID here so we can track it down right away.

• gdsdev
    gdsdev
    Community Member

@brenty The following support ID is linked to my problem. #MQW-72232-696

I fixed the problem - for now - manually by deleting the conflicted cards from the 'server' via another device.
    And recreated the cards again.

Can i use the normal stable build again? I don't feel really comfortable using beta software when it comes to this kind of data.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gdsdev: If you already recreated the same items so you didn't lose any data, then deleting the old ones will get rid of the "pending" status. And you can certainly uninstall the beta and install the stable version again. I really appreciate you sending the diagnostics, since it will help us improve this for you and everyone else. :)

ref: MQW-72232-696

• KAVSTAR
    KAVSTAR
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Here is my support ID # [#ZLW-19846-234]
    I am still having the issue.
    Thanks

• MikeT
    edited December 2016

Hi @KAVSTAR,

I've replied to your email 5 days ago but your email doesn't include the answer to my question in the email. I'll ask again in the next reply to your email.

• KAVSTAR
    KAVSTAR
    Community Member

Looks like I resolved the issue by deleteing the shared account "login item"
    Thank you for your help

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.