How to permanently delete the items in my trash and 1 other question

Options
rgrbaw95
rgrbaw95
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I'm using the 1password windows beta and am looking for the way to permanently delete the items in my trash. I don't see any option to do so whatsoever. I understand that you're supposed to pick the specific vault rather than all vaults but I still don't see it.

Also, in this most recent update if I click the X button to close 1password, it stays unlocked. Is there a way to make it so it locks automatically once I'm done using it so I don't have to manually lock it every time?

1Password Version: 6.1.304d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:trash

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rgrbaw95: I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your post to the Windows beta category of the forums.

Hi, I'm using the 1password windows beta and am looking for the way to permanently delete the items in my trash. I don't see any option to do so whatsoever. I understand that you're supposed to pick the specific vault rather than all vaults but I still don't see it.

@rgrbaw95: You can right-click the Trash to empty it, regardless of whether you have All Vaults or a specific vault selected.

Also, in this most recent update if I click the X button to close 1password, it stays unlocked. Is there a way to make it so it locks automatically once I'm done using it so I don't have to manually lock it every time?

I don't believe this has changed, unless I'm gets my versions mixed up. 1Password should stay running in the notification area until you close it there, and as long as it's running it should stay unlocked until the timer you have set expires (Settings > Options > Security).

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.