Trying to import CSV file

Options

I downloaded and installed the trial version. I put a few of my logins in manually before realizing you had an import feature to pull in a CSV file. I reformatted my Excel file I currently use and save it as CSV MS-DOS format. Can't get the csv to import after multiple attempts and reading your online doc. Here's the error from the diagnostics log:
Found 1 entries in "C:\Users\Jody\Documents\Passwords.csv", created 0 from it in 00:00:00.0318348.

Here's the first couple lines from my CSV file (passwords not real of course) It contains about 150 lines or so:
title,URL,username,password,notes,custom field 1,custom field 2
AAA,aaa.com,jody.crabtree@yahoo.com,fakepawword,,,
AAPA,,10619871,dontpeek,subscription 000210187542,,

Help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm using the Mozilla browser and I installed the plug in but I can't seem to get the auto logon feature to work with the logins I've setup manually so far: Amazon, American Express, or Apple. If you could point me to some documentation on that I'd be grateful. I don't want to sign up to pay monthly for the software if I can't get it working.

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:csv

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @JodyCrabtree ,

Which version of 1Password for Windows are you using?

• JodyCrabtree
    JodyCrabtree
    Community Member
    Options

Version is 1Password 6.1.296d

• JodyCrabtree
    JodyCrabtree
    Community Member
    Options

On Windows 10 Home version.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@JodyCrabtree ,

That's what I suspected. Version 6 does not yet support importing from CSV. Please see the following thread for instructions.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/339097/#Comment_339097

• JodyCrabtree
    JodyCrabtree
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks! Meanwhile, the only way I can get the passthrough signon working with Mozilla is to manually login to each of the sites I use and let 1password save the info. I notice the Login record that 1passowrd is saving to the vault looks a lot different than the info I was entering manually - the precise URL where the login is entered plus web form details. Since I don't have all that info in my existing Excel spreadsheet is there any point in doing an import (other than just to be able to delete my Excel file)?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@JodyCrabtree

You will have to manually update some entries to get auto-login to work.

I would import all your items, and ditch your insecure spreadsheet. Then, just update those entries over time as necessary to make auto-login work. You'll find a lot of value in just having the data in one location, and being able to use Copy/Paste of the username and passwords, as well as Control-backslash to auto-type the credentials.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JodyCrabtree: Indeed, in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form, which it can then use to fill more reliably. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

And certainly if you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know the URL so we can help. :)

This discussion has been closed.